Open .pdn file without Paint.net?

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out a way to open all of my old .pdn files in another program. It doesn't matter if it's a .psd or image file or anything, I just need to convert it into something I can actually use.

I've been looking for an answer online and everyone seems to suggest opening paint.net to convert the file. Well, great, but the files are leftover from when I had a PC--I have a mac now and couldn't download the program if I tried. Is there anything I can do?

Edited by baileyh

IrFanView is the only other application that I know of which will open paint.net's proprietary file format.  I have no idea if there is a Mac version.

How many images are you talking about?  Some very nice person might be willing to convert them for you.....

I didn't realize that IrFanView opened PDN files.  Interesting.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Beside of IrfanView there is also a batch utility pdn2png available on Windows (both are using the same library to load .pdns).

The pdn format contains some serialized .net data structures. That's the main reason why there aren't a lot of converters.

midoras signature.gif

IrFanView is the only other application that I know of which will open paint.net's proprietary file format.  I have no idea if there is a Mac version.

How many images are you talking about?  Some very nice person might be willing to convert them for you.....

Well, I know another application called LazPaint. It is also free and is created in Lazarus.

Edited by xod

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies so soon. Thank you!

"You can send the files to a trusted friend with a Windows machine and have them send you back the file in .PNG format."

Yeah, I think this is exactly what I'm going to have to (bribe someone to) do. I'll check out Parallels too.

Again, thanks for all the helpful responses!