Two things I need...

Hi,

Question 1:

Guide Lines - where are they? And how do I set them? I'm used to dragging from the ruler and positioning guidelines on the page and then have objects snap to those guides (Photoshop7). But can't find these in PDN...but they must be somewhere huh?

Question 2:

I need to create an image from a photo but this requires that I cut out some background content from an image of a bicycle wheel. The magic wand goes someway to do do this but is there a better method or some plugin that processes this kind of requirement?

Paul - Aditerum Website

Paint.NET v3.5.10 (Final Release build 3.510.4297.28964);

Lenovo K430 with Windows 8 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM

Firefox and Chrome Rock!! IE sucks!!!

Welshblue,

Thanks.

Q1/A1:

lol.. I did just install that plugin. The grid lines element isn't exactly what I needed but it will do. So I guess a simple drag and drop guide line isn't possible - sometimes you just need to position objects on a vertical or horizontal guide and have things snap to it...maybe one of the PDN gurus could look at developing such a plugin?

Q2/A2:

I don't think you have understood my question =O ...or have I misunderstood you?

I need to keep the bicycle wheel, spokes and hub but lose the background (grass, some trees and a bit of sky). I appreciate that this isn't the easiest thing to do in any paint/photo application but the magic wand options appear limited. So I need something like the magic wand that allows careful selection, maybe with some smoothing/feathering and then I can safely hit the delete key.

Paul - Aditerum Website

Paint.NET v3.5.10 (Final Release build 3.510.4297.28964);

Lenovo K430 with Windows 8 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM

Firefox and Chrome Rock!! IE sucks!!!

I have often thought a 'snap-to-grid' plugin would be useful.  Kind of like an extension to KrisVDM's Align Object suite.  This wouldn't do the guidelines as you wished, but might provide the same functionality (aligning stuff to set places).

I have actually had a couple of false starts coding this.  Nothing is happening with it now so if someone else wants to....

• 3 weeks later...