To the moderator--I think I was spammed on here

Yes Renee, the individual is spamming. He/she didn't hit just your thread, but got a few others too. The moderators will remove them when they come in.

This happens from time-to-time. As frustrating as it can be, you'll just have to ignore them and wait for the moderator to remove them.

Thank you, Jim. No harm done but I thought I should alert the forum.

I have a question I'd like to ask while I have your attention, please. Is it impossible to work between two canvases/files? I wondered if that is why my copy/paste seems disabled when I try?

Renee

You certainly can work on two canvases simultaneously. The canvases are shown at the top right of the screen. Simply click on the one you wish to copy from, make your selection, copy it, click on the other canvas at the top, and then paste in what you selected.

As I understand it, the expression used by those in the British empire is don't get your knickers in a knot! And give me a break because that long post from you told me how to upload a screenshot--said nothing about spam which is what we were discussing here.

I failed to follow your instructions, because I failed to follow them--make heads or tails of them. All Jim told me was that the little pics on the upper right were different canvases. And that I never knew--nor asked about.

I'm sorry I annoyed you but...

I'm not annoyed Renee. You are asking for help and many of us are trying to answer your questions and help you.

If you read through the (long) post I linked to above it does not tell you how to upload a screenshot. That was the previous post I made in that thread.

The post I linked to explained in detail how to copy from one image to another OR from one layer to another. This is what you asked in post number 3 of this thread:

Is it impossible to work between two canvases/files?

I don't want to come here to argue. So whatever you say. BUT in that long list of instructions you said something about "5. Open the destination image so it appears on the Paint.NET canvas/editing window."

Well, gee, that would be a whole lot of help if I knew what the canvas/editing window was or where! Jim told me. You did not.

Maybe my cake analogy would work if I said you'd never used a new mixer and couldn't find the switch.

You certainly can work on two canvases simultaneously. The canvases are shown at the top right of the screen. Simply click on the one you wish to copy from, make your selection, copy it, click on the other canvas at the top, and then paste in what you selected.

Quite technically you cannot work on 2 images simultaneously. You can switch from one to the other & you can copy from one to the other, you can apply exactly the same effects/adjustments to many images without having to close & re-open.

Those little canvases are shown at the top right of the screen are NOT the canvas/editing windows. They are thumbnails of images that are currently available in this session of you working in the PDN program. The centre of your screen when you have the PDN program open is the canvas/editing window.

That is what Jim was talking about & EER was quite correct in his instructions. Many people have been handing you the recipe book, the right tools & ingredients as well as the instructions on how to use the mixer but you are not bothering to read it to make your cake. Cake analogy works fine but you just want to have the cake & eat it too.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012