Blurry/transparent overlay

Hey I try to make a blurry/transparent overlay

simply a picture which makes only certain regions of a screen/picture blurry if I use it as overlay, I've already tried everything I can in PDN but I don't know how to do this.

Here is a picture how it should looked with the overlay:

arma2oa2012-08-0118-2uxiwo.jpg

only this areas shuld be blurry-transparent the rest should be completely transparent so that I can use it as overlay for livestreaming

I don't want that u make one for me I want a how to :)

Edited by Magicool

I think you would need to use the rectangle select tool :RectangleTool: for each section you want semi transparent then cut :Cut: and paste each into a new layer :PasteInToNewLayer: make sure each selection is in alignment with the base image, then press F4 on your keyboard and reduce the Opacity of each selection to your liking.

As for blurs there is more than one to pick from, it all depends on personal taste (just remember to blur each selection on the layers you have made)

Then with the remaining selections that you want to be 100% transparent grab the rectangle select tool again :RectangleTool: select each part (on your base layer / image) and hit delete on your keyboard so that your sections now have the checker board backgound (completely transparent)

When you have done this flatten the image :Flatten: and save it as a .png to retain the transparency :)

Hope this is easier to read than it was to type :lol:

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

maybe I don't get u right bu basicly u say to cut out the areas out of this one image and lower the opacity

this doesn't work since the blurry part isn't neutral but just the Opacity isn't 100% anymore

if I do it like u said it would look like this in a livestream:

arma2oa2012-08-0118-2nkq7r.jpg

I made the picture in the first post so u tell me to do the same thing I just did

I want it to be an OVERLAY not blurry the picture itself

the thing I wan't is more like looking through frosted glass

testpjuzc.png

the transparent parts seem to be white since it's a .png

Edited by Magicool

Cut each section you want to be semi-transparent and paste each of them onto a new layer. Adjust the opacity on the layer properties for each layer (F4) and use the slider to make each section as transparent as you need. Then on the actual base layer (the lowest layer) delete all the parts remaining. It would be easier for me to do it for you than type it out, but we are here to help, not complete tasks ;)

For frosted glass, use the effects>distort>frosted glass.

I don't understand why your cuts are green on your screenshots

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

maybe I don't get u right bu basicly u say to cut out the areas out of this one image and lower the opacity

this doesn't work since the blurry part isn't neutral but just the Opacity isn't 100% anymore

if I do it like u said it would look like this in a livestream:

arma2oa2012-08-0118-2nkq7r.jpg

I made the picture in the first post so u tell me to do the same thing I just did

I want it to be an OVERLAY not blurry the picture itself

the thing I wan't is more like looking through frosted glass

This was not what you first asked for, you wanted to know how to make each section transparent.

ZXCBOoZ.png

damn since english isn't my mother tongue this is going to be a hard one

I was talking about an overlay all the time it's even in the title

I never wanted to be the image blurry

As I said in the first post I don't wont u to do it for me I want a How to so it's all fine

Ok the second thing u posted I also tried

and it doesn't work to lower the opacity of sections of an empty layer because u can't make "nothing" transparent neither make it blurry

this is the result, an empty png:

test22ckku.png

try to lay it over an other picture nothing happens

Edited by Magicool

The answer is cutting edge CSS + HTML5. info: http://drublic.de/blog/effects-for-the-web/