Paint.NET full screen canvas

verlando

So far, I like Paint.net very well however, does anyone know if there's a setting to set the canvas to full screen mode?

I'm using v3.5.10 and do 'image', 'resize' or 'image', 'canvas size' and jack that number up but still don't get a FULL screen mode. I like the Paint canvas very much for copying and pasting pictures to amongst other things and when using it for this collage building, full screen mode would be perfect. TIA

Greetings Verlando,

For me, full screen is 1920x1080 pixels. I create a canvas at 1920x1080 pixels and save it as 1920x1080.pdn to use a template. When starting a new project I click on the template and use Save As to rename and save it to the PDN Projects folder that created for my art files made with the software I have warious templates saved for different project requirements.

Zoom canvas to 100%: Ctrl + B or View | Zoom to window.

At this setting the canvas will be maximized within the editing area (or at 1 image pixel = 1 pixel on your monitor if your image is smaller than the editing area at 100%).

If you're only interested in zooming in on the image, there is a zoom function in the Tool Bar.

Paint.NET doesn't have a "full screen mode" (which is F11 in web browsers and many other apps). I looked into implementing it about a year ago or so and there were some very strange complications. It will not be in 4.0 but there's always hope for a later version. Please don't hold your breath for it though.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 11 years later...

What about just being able to toggle the menu, toolbar, drop-downs at the top on and off?  Rulers, Tools (F5), History (F6), status at the bottom and the Windows OS framing could all remain. This is from a desktop (landscape) user in a cell phone (portrait) world where the additional vertical space would be valuable. Thank you!

• Rick Brewster locked this topic