how to use the recolor tool?

EDIT: lol I just realized that is pretty much the paint.net help site copied and pasted to somewhere else...

Basically, the recolor tool changes colors similar to the secondary color to the primary color. If you have blue as your primary and red as your secondary, it changes red to blue.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Adjusting the Tolerance level will adjust how much it changes as well. Similar to how the paintbucket fill works ... just a little more selective. Its not the easiest tool to figure out. I still dont know when to appropriately use it myself.

Like the clone tool, this one does require quite a bit of experimentation to gain any level of scope of how it works. I've not found a good tutorial that matches up using it any crazy ways that would explain it better, but perhaps someone else can point to something that may help there.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

EDIT: lol I just realized that is pretty much the paint.net help site copied and pasted to somewhere else...

I believe that it is one of the original help docs. The latest version can be found here: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RecolorTool.html

Here's a mini-tutorial on the recolor tool I posted recently: