Suggestions

Hi,

I have some suggestions to make this quite good for daily use.

1. Add a menu option - Image/Image infomation to display no. of colours used and resolution of an image

2. Add a menu option - Image/Colour depth to decrease to 16 bit, 8 bit 4 bit, 2 bit and vice versa. i.e. increase to 24-bit etc.

3. The lasso tool should be freehand and not stuck to a rotating point as is currently the case

4. Rectangle select and move selected pixels should be merged into just 1 handy function i.e. just rectangle select, it should also shimmer the line around an image when drawn

I appreciate these are features used in high end commercial proggies but I feel it will make this a next level killer app without the bloat.And I'm sure it would not take more than 2-3 hours to implement for a coder :)

Edited by poncho99990

2:

it's already there when saving as a .png

3:

The lasso tool is lasso tool ! Rick said that the new version may include a free form selection tool

4: Press S to have the rectangle selection, Press M once to move the selected image press M again To move the selection itself, This is one of the features that makes Paint.net The Best ;)

Ahmed

2:

it's already there when saving as a .png

3:

The lasso tool is lasso tool ! Rick said that the new version may include a free form selection tool

4: Press S to have the rectangle selection, Press M once to move the selected image press M again To move the selection itself, This is one of the features that makes Paint.net The Best ;)

Ahmed

Interesting, I shall give them a shot :0

Hi,

I have some suggestions to make this quite good for daily use.

1. Add a menu option - Image/Image infomation to display no. of colours used and resolution of an image

2. Add a menu option - Image/Colour depth to decrease to 16 bit, 8 bit 4 bit, 2 bit and vice versa. i.e. increase to 24-bit etc.

3. The lasso tool should be freehand and not stuck to a rotating point as is currently the case

4. Rectangle select and move selected pixels should be merged into just 1 handy function i.e. just rectangle select, it should also shimmer the line around an image when drawn

I appreciate these are features used in high end commercial proggies but I feel it will make this a next level killer app without the bloat.And I'm sure it would not take more than 2-3 hours to implement for a coder :)

Greetings Poncho99990,

I always save my work twice once as a PDN and again as a TIFF where the color depth is 32 bit.

PS: I just saved a test image as a PNG and the color depth was also 32 bits

Edited by HyReZ

Resolution: Check the status bar, resolution in pixels is shown.

And I'm sure it would not take more than 2-3 hours to implement for a coder :)

Don't be naive :|