Make all text the same exact color

Hello all,

I have a picture of text (non-latin characters) that is multicolored. Most of the text is black but certain words/letters are purple, red, blue, etc. and I want to get rid of them. The black and white tool works but the previously colored text is now a shade of gray instead of being pure black. I also played with the contrast and brightness but it the text bleeds and becomes unreadable. The background is also pure white.

I am quite the noob so go easy on the terminology.

Use Grim Color reaper plugin to get rid of the white background

Darken to full black using Hue/Saturation by moving the Lightness all the way to the left.

Add a new layer and fill it with solid white and move it below the text layer

duplicate text layer if it required, flatten.

Hint: use Color Picker on the background for best result when using grim color reaper.

Use Grim Color reaper plugin to get rid of the white background

Darken to full black using Hue/Saturation by moving the Lightness all the way to the left.

Add a new layer and fill it with solid white and move it below the text layer

duplicate text layer if it required, flatten.

Hint: use Color Picker on the background for best result when using grim color reaper.

Thanks for the reply,

I followed the instructions but I still ended with some parts as a shade of gray instead of completely black. Most of the colored parts were fixed but some of the original text was a shade of light green and ended up gray.