adding images?

Hi all,

I'm having trouble adding an image I altered with this program to a label I designed with 3.5.8. It's a label for my home brew beer bottles. I can put the image paste box where I want it,& size it. But the image doesn't transfer to said box. Am I missing something? Why can't I just click & drag? How is this done??

Paste the image into a new layer. You can move & resize the whole layer.

Alternatively, import the image as a new layer.

Read more: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/LayersMenu.html

This just doesn't work. The image pops into the upper left corner of the screen & stays there. I can't budge it at all. I put the box in the middle of the label,nothing. Just empty box.

Try to click & drag,it only grabs a piece of the image from the lower right corner. I'm just flat out not getting this to work at all!

I can't even get the pic I want on layer 2 to display in the little space in the layer 2 box in the layers window. Nothing is working the way it seems that it should. Every tutorial I see says push this button,click on this...but not HOW to do it after that.

Edited by unionrdr

1. Open your label image

2. Go to Layers menu > Import from file and import the secondary image. Note: your secondary image should be ONE layer!

3. The Move tool :MoveTool: will automatically be active after the import (if it isn't, click on it).

4. Click on the image and move it into position. To resize it, click on the side/corner nubs & drag.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,I'll give that a try,thanx.

1. Open your label image

2. Go to Layers menu > Import from file and import the secondary image. Note: your secondary image should be ONE layer!

3. The Move tool :MoveTool: will automatically be active after the import (if it isn't, click on it).

4. Click on the image and move it into position. To resize it, click on the side/corner nubs & drag.

Ok,I think I get what you're saying now. I can move the piece of the original pic I cut out as an import file into

position & resize it. But NOT a pre-processed one. The way the software is working,anyway. Thank you so much

for helping with that one extra hint! Good thing you include your little hints,it saved my sanity!

This is all very new to me,since we used to have to do art the hard way back in the highchoolzoic era.

Edited by unionrdr

There are 2 move tools:

:MoveTool: the first from the top-right of the tools windows allows to move the image (in the selection)

:MoveSelectionTool: the second allows to move the selection without change on the image it's for adjust the selection.

It seems you are using the :MoveSelectionTool: instead the :MoveTool: and/or the selection isn't active/correct.

Could you provide some screenshots if you are still in trouble.

The tools work on the active layer. This is the layer that is highlighted in the Layers window.

To work on a different layer (e.g. with the move tool) simply click on the other layer's name in the layers window.