Curving a Selected Region

I'm looking for a way to select a rectangular region, then pull it from one of the center bar points to create a rectangle with a curve.

Why?

Our company has a nice graphic that it paid for, and I've got a high resolution version of it. I want to create a graphic of some of our products, and instead of having the boring looking "stamp styled logo" at the top or bottom of my graphic, I'd like to add it in as a new layer, then bend it around the image.

Did I describe what I want done clearly?

Here is a basic idea of what I'm talking about from some curved text I found online (Keep in mind, I am trying to curve a graphic, though):

thecirclestars.jpg

~Joe

Avoid Sears Home Improvement (click to read why)

I'm not sure what you want,but I've done something similar and selected each letter and moved it into position.Then move the entire image into the posisition you want .(using move selected pixels).

me.png             

I'm not sure what you want,but I've done something similar and selected each letter and moved it into position.Then move the entire image into the posisition you want .(using move selected pixels).

me.png             

hey manc,

I saw your tutorial on how to do that. For basic text, that would be fine.

Our company's logo, however, has some airbrush work, raised letters, a glow, shadowing, and a reflection on the bottom. A simple chop-and-move would produce poor results.

Should this be added as a feature request? I am Software Developer and not a Graphics Artist, so I would not know what terms to use to describe what I'm trying to do if I were to make the request.

~Joe

what about..

create an elipse in the colour you want, with a pixel width that suits you , then add text with the circle text plugin on a layer above

you could even use one of the gold tutorials on the circle

000000j.png

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

I'm looking for a way to select a rectangular region, then pull it from one of the center bar points to create a rectangle with a curve.

Here is a basic idea of what I'm talking about from some curved text I found online (Keep in mind, I am trying to curve a graphic, though):

thecirclestars.jpg

I think his primary concern is to bend the graphic rather than the text?

Try the Tube Oblique plugin. here

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hi mountnman,

That is a neat trick, and something I did not know was possible.

However, my question does not seem to be very well understood, probably because the example image I posted looks like I only need to curve some basic text.

I want to insert a company supplied graphic of their logo with text, etc. and curve that.

Insert Image as new Layer.

Use Select Tool to select most of the image.

Then, somehow, find a way to BEND the selected pixels that contains the logo with text.

My company might get upset if I post their logo (I don't know all the legals associated with that), so let me post some Examples of logos I just found.

Could someone show me a way to add one of these images to a PDN project, select the pixels, then somehow make those pixels bend in an arc like what's on the Sheriff's badges in Post #1?

I'm sure some of these images will display with a big Red X on other's machines. Hopefully by including pictures from a few different domains, 1 or more will show up.

0.jpg

amazon.jpg

Crisiscore.png

suffocation20logo20red.gif

~Joe

I think his primary concern is to bend the graphic rather than the text?

Try the Tube Oblique plugin. here

Sorry Barbie. I think you posted while I was composing.

The Oblique tool might do what I'm after.

If not, it's the closest I've found yet.

In your link, I got to looking at BoltBait's reply (post #10 of the link referenced above).

I'd be interested in getting into the code and writing some scripts to try to do that. Would I need the whole opensource code or just write a few lines of code in C# and insert it into some code window? Is there a "getting started" section on writing code?

Rats. Strayed off the main topic.

~Joe

Polar Transformations

I don't know what it's called on this forum, but I could not find that in the plug-ins section anywhere.

I would have replied sooner, but the annoying search tool made me wait between searches before I could try another search. (pulling my hair out over here!)

~Joe

Getting that result with Polar Transformations requires some prep before running the plugin.

You can download the PDN file here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03421622524489047778

It shows the steps from Layer One working upwards.

The logo should should be positioned 1 pixel up from the bottom to start.

Edited by Sarkut