How to: place pictures side-by-side?

I am trying to take severyal pictures and crop them then put them side by side (not layered one on top of the other) to make one single picture. If anyone can please tell me an easy way to do that. If its not too hard I would love to have a border around them and a little text. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

first- expect EER or Pyro to mention that your thread title breaks the rules :D got to be specific

second- assuming you will crop them to the same height- once you get you first picture done, go to the image tab- look for the canvas size option-or hit Ctrl-Shift-R-- anchor you picture where you want it and expand you canvas to a size that will allow you to add the rest- once you get the next pic ready to go, copy and paste it into the montage and move it where you want(after pasting, the new pic is always selected with the move selected pixels tool engaged

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

@mountnman is quite correct about the thread title you know. As you're new around here I'll edit it for you.

For the record, thread titles must be descriptive. That means that we must be able to determine what your thread is about from the title alone.

Another forum rule to note: Rule #1. Use SEARCH before you ask.

Here's the link to the search tool http://searchpaint.net/ Using that and the terms 'side by side' I found these threads that should answer your query:

I am very sorry for not having a correct title, I thought it was sufficient. I am very new to Paint.net and I am not that computer smart in the first place so many of the topics that I found when I used the search tool (I did before I posted my question) were way over my head. I have tried using the layers and cant seem to get the hang of it. I cant get them to be side by side they always end up on top of each other. Sorry if I am not smart enough for this site.

Please don't think you are not smart enough for this forum. It is a great place to learn lots of stuff about PDN and it does sound like there is a learning curve for you. I speak from experience - my first experience with layers was with Photoshop and it bamboozled me and then when I found PDN it took a while for the layers concept to sink in and, of course, now I understand it I can't believe I didn't understand it in the first place boltbait.roll.png . Bottom line - stick with it. Try a google search for "paint.net video tutorials" - this could be a good way for you to get to a level where you do understand more of the postings on here. Second, get understand how to install and use some of the plugins and use some of the Newbie Tutorials to increase your confidence in using the software.

....and do please remember to give descriptive titles to thread you post.

• Pixey locked this topic