Resize Again

Hi everyone,

I want to make two metro.jpg's compatible. I.e. when I draw the contours of the 1st they have to fit on the second one.

1) jpg1: distance between ordinates (y) = 2.00 cm

2) jpg2: distance here 3.21 cm, so I resized this nr.2 jpg by 62% and...

3) 1.98cm bingo ! Who cares about 0.2 mm ?

4) But why don't they fit when I copy and paste resized 2 on top of nr. 1 ?

post-79752-129199106384_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerard1938

me no know that-- but what i do know is that if you "grab' (left click and hold) the circle marker at any of the corners of your selection and hold shift you can scale the image up to the size you want exactly--

that would be left click-shift and hold them while you move your mouse outward--- you then might have to reposition the insert by left click and hold in the middle of the insert and moving the mouse

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Why not import the images in separate layers, reduce the opacity of the top layer, and then resize the target layer until the critical dimensions match?

(to keep the proportions the same you would want to resize with the SHIFT key down)

Why not import the images in separate layers, reduce the opacity of the top layer, and then resize the target layer until the critical dimensions match?

(to keep the proportions the same you would want to resize with the SHIFT key down)

Hey, that works fine. Nevertheless I still don't understand anything about these co-ordinates...

When I changed the size of picture 2 in that layer2 and saved that as a new drawing one should expect the size of the tram's windowpane should be 2cm now.

The same size as the one of picture 1, laying underneath layer 2 from where the resized tram was copied and pasted into 'a new drawing'.

None of it. Remeasuring it shows that it has become 3.78cm...

Since I want to use Paint.Net on creating cardboard models (on scale) instead of AutoCad, that I can't afford myself, the co-ordinates are quite important to me.