Hexratt's galleria

hexratt

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Welshy. Glad to see you're feeling like yourself again and Spain(Espana) won the world cup finally. I like your new piece, grunge, excellent work especially the motley paint texture on the wall, looks really impromptu.

Btw, your water bubble tutorial inspired me to make this piece using bubbles for water texture. Part of my texturing exercise.

stargatepyramids.png

Edited by hexratt
sighhexratt1.jpg

Thank you guys, chrisco97 & barbieq25, you're too kind. It's not that good but I was happy to have finished within 10 mins. Originally, I started out to make Mayan step pyramid in the water but to make and place each individual stone piece was gonna take too long so I switched to Egyptian style pyramid and added Stargate at the end.

The sand was most difficult, took about 10 layers experimenting with different blurs and blend mode to try and get a decent texture. 90 percent of the texture used was from the concrete tutorial.

sighhexratt1.jpg

I like it thuogh!

Well, my friend, if you like the practice one then you'll probably like this one. I recently did this as a demonstration for some friends who wanted some ideas for a piece to use in some Lost Sands contest. I actually put some effort into this one, ok, it took even less time because I all ready had the steps down from the practice one. And making the sand texture was even a lot easier. All I had to do was change the color of my water and magically a decent sand texture appeared.

thumb_desertpyramids.png

Edited by hexratt
sighhexratt1.jpg