Stalker DDS texture help

Hi all,

first: my english is not so good.

i want to make a texture mod for stalker. so i want to make new blood textures. my problem is this: i want to make it with Paint.NET (of course). i have the texture. Next to the blood i deleted all, because it must be invisible. i must save as a dds data and i have the options: DXT3 or DXT5, with mip maps. but when i saved it there are the invisible places black or white. but it must be invisible. i dont know witch options i have select (for exemple ErrorMetric) for invisible places. please help me and be not so bad with my poor english :) .

Not only do descriptive thread titles help direct people who are able to help you to your question, but they're also part of the forum rules. I've gone ahead and edited this one for you, but now you know for next time. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum!

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I think our friend KingMetal is looking for help with transparency. Is that right?

The gray and white checker board pattern is Paint.Net's way of telling you that that part of an image is transparent. This might help explain it: Pixels and Transparency

its difficult to describe my problem. i have already the grey and white thing. My problem is this: in the game stalker the grey white places are not invisilbe. they are black. i dont know how how i have to save it. in dds you have lot of options how you can save it. i havent any idea what the options means. please sent a link on save tutorial or send me answers what it means. the options i want to know are: DXT3; DXT5; all Compressor Types; ErrorMetric; Weight Color by Alpha.

please write it down.

THX !!!

• 1 year later...