Myoriah's Creations--St. Patrick Card Images Pg 2

myoriah

gallery.jpg

I used the photo in the link below to create the opening page here for my gallery. I have fun playing with different effects and lomography is a technique I used to use a lot when I took photos with a 35mm. Needless to say I was happy to discover that there is a plug-in to create that effect.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Myoriah/screenshots/492.jpg

th_ppforeveryoungsmaller.jpgth_vicval001cr.jpgth_fdutchgirlflourish.pngth_fgheartflourish.pngth_basketoffoilhearts.pngth_fcobasketoffoilhearts.pngth_BridgeofHope1.pngth_exoticflower.pngth_pinkkalst.jpgth_abdaisy.jpgth_ballofyarn.pngth_ribboncollage.pngth_wovengold.jpgth_JRsLife.pngth_jrcollage.pngth_rainbowtwist.pngth_happystvin1.pngth_happystvin.png

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure 'tis like a morn in spring.

In the lilt of Irish laughter you can hear the angels sing,

When Irish hearts are happy all the world seems bright and gay,

And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure, they steal your heart away.

harpmsig.png

I like making cards for people and what better time than for Valentine's day. I had the idea that I wanted to make a card with flowers made by cutting out a paper doily. I remembered that I had this gif file and thought this would be perfect for my purposes.

butterfly-1.gif

Since the background is transparent I wanted a background that looked like perhaps it was done with pastels or watercolors. Also I did not like the original green border. After playing around for awhile this is what I came up with.

butterfly.jpg

Alas I could not find a paper doily but remembered that I had fabric flowers and an assortment of foam hearts. I think the card really came out nice.

vicval001cr.jpg

harpmsig.png

fdutchgirlflourish.png

The heart flourish was originally black and white. I changed color and used the metallic plug-in. You can get all kinds of interesting effects with that plug-in. Then made it transparent. The dutch girls were originally part of a vintage valentine. I did some cropping and erasing and then made them transparent. I added a purple background.

This one is the same one that I used the metallic plug-in with. I circle cropped from a valentine and added my lace background. :lol: I think I misnamed my lace background when I created it several years ago but it adds a nice texture.I think the frame gives it a nice finish.

fgheartflourish.png

harpmsig.png

After almost flunking out of an art appreciation class that required drawing and painting I tend to stick to simple. :lol: My drawing skills are limited to simple shapes.

Besides then I can often use the images on my web site or use them for greeting cards. Of course if I ever get around to making a scrapbook I'll use them there also.

Thanks for your kind words.

harpmsig.png

I found this vintage image and decided to make a card using it. I made the image transparent and added my lace image as background and put a border around the picture. Then I took and glued foil hearts where the valentine's were in the basket and glued hearts spilling out of the basket.

basketoffoilhearts.png

From a picture of the card I then cut out the girl with her basket and created a new image. Using my lace background once again and this neat frame I found.

fcobasketoffoilhearts.png

harpmsig.png

This creation is dedicated to Bill who encouraged me to compose music, write poetry, build a web-site, and dabble in making pretty picture.

He also even when in the midst of Early Onset Alzheimer's taught me to never give up hope. I treasure the day that a dozen butterflies landed on him and he said it was a sign everything was going to be all right. I will also always treasure our long bicycle rides.

BridgeofHope1.png

harpmsig.png

The contest for a lock screen image encouraged me to try my hand at creating my own lock screen images. This is what I first came up with. The user picture fits perfectly in the middle when the computer is locked.

ribboncollage.png

This one I thought was really elegant and would even be good for regular wallpaper. I don't know if gif files would work but thought this would be neat with a butterfly flitting around.

wovengold.jpg

harpmsig.png

This is something different. I got the idea to divide the dog and to use different images for symbols from Roy De Forest's Ink on paper "K-9 Corps". The music notes near Jr's tail is because he loves to use his tail as drumsticks on any available surface. One of these days I'm going to rent him out as a drummer.

JRsLife.png

harpmsig.png

This is my first attempt at putting together a photo collage with this program.

jrcollage.png

harpmsig.png

This is the first picture I came up with to use on the front of a card.

happyst.png

Although I liked it it seemed to be a little blah so after playing around with different things I came up with this one. I like it a lot better.

rainbowtwist.png

I thought I had lost this vintage image but it resurfaced so using the vintage image and a stock image of shamrocks I put together this. I plan to use some curling ribbon on the card to echo the ribbon in the vintage image.

happystvin1.png

Another vintage image with the same shamrock image. I found a shamrock necklace strung on string and I'm going to use part of the necklace on this card.

happystvin.png

harpmsig.png