Request Board

We all know this forum is mainly for troubleshooting etc, but we have the Pictorium and the Alfredo, so I don't see why we should miss out this opportunity to make this forum even more attractive for new users :)

But a problem remains: you need people who fulfill this requests, and I don't know how this will work out, as the real good users are busy with their own work anyway.

hmmmm.... this idea doesn't sound too good. It would have to be policed a lot more than the other sub forums because the titles of the threads will probably be horrible and make it impossible to find stuff that you need with the search feature, because i am sure people will post Will u PlZ HaLp Me! and stuff like that. Also it wouldn't teach some of the newbies how to use the program. They would be like why learn when you can have someone make it for you.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

If someone needs a logo designed there are plenty of people out there that they can hire to do this for them. Those who are asking for free work are lazy and/or do not understand anything about business. Their requests have no place on this forum anywhere.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I disagree. This sounds like a good idea to me. People that have been requesting things threads' have been getting locked but I've been PM'ing help to them, I think it would be better if this went public.

Or we could create a Paint.NET Requests Forum.

There are far too many worms in that can.

You've got legal questions regarding fonts, brushes, and stocks, as well as the possibility of our own potential liability in providing an insufficiently policed infrastructure that played a role in any transaction (I am not a lawyer). You've got the possibility of perceived tool limitations - since it's a forum for Paint.NET, would someone be ostracized if they provided a logo made in Illustrator (I know I'd sure want to use a vector program for logo designs)?

There are already sites whose sole purpose is to bringing freelancers and clients together. If you enjoy helping people who are looking for designs, I'd suggest trying one of them. This site, however, is a support forum for a graphics application, and we are ill prepared for managing that kind of interaction.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

You've got legal questions regarding fonts, brushes, and stocks, as well as the possibility of our own potential liability in providing an insufficiently policed infrastructure that played a role in any transaction (I am not a lawyer). You've got the possibility of perceived tool limitations - since it's a forum for Paint.NET, would someone be ostracized if they provided a logo made in Illustrator (I know I'd sure want to use a vector program for logo designs)?

Wouldn't most of those issues only apply to commercial requests?

• [*:q4vm7ups]Resource issues - AFAIK unless the use was commercial it wouldn't cause any more problems than the pictorium.
    [*:q4vm7ups]Infrastructure - If commercial requests were prohibited, presumably all responses would be volentary.
    [*:q4vm7ups]Tool limitations - For non-commercial work, having professionally-made/vector art wouldn't matter so much.

By noncommercial I mean things like Myspace banners, graphics for cards, avatars, ect.

KaHuc.png

You'd be surprised, Simon. Any type of request board would invite abuse, increase the number of locked threads, and increasing the general sentiment of "oh this place is hostile to noobs ... all I did was ask for a logo!"

We could go around in circles discussing this for days. But, in the end, we mods/admins do not want to be involved in this sort of thing. There are plenty other outlets for this type of stuff.

That is all.

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg