How do I import image as a layer?

I have never used any program like this and just downloaded this one. I am trying to make a banner for my blog. I have the banner and have figured out how to do a text layer. But I can't figure out how to make my picture a layer instead of a whole new project. Every time I open a picture it creates a new project instead of making the picture a layer. How do I do that.????

^ what aps said...

also the long way around would be to go to the new project that is opened press ctrl+a then press ctrl+c... the go back to your other project, and press ctrl+v on a new layer to paste it there.

or the simple way would be to open the picture. then add your text on a new layer. Then resize it to fit your needs.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

just remember there is no such thing as a noob question. We were all beginners at one time or another.

also pressing F1 while paint.net is open will bring up a handy help file.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thread titles MUST BE DESCRIPTIVE as per [rule=6]Rule #6[/rule]

• 9 years later...