How do I import image as a layer?

toniak

I have never used any program like this and just downloaded this one. I am trying to make a banner for my blog. I have the banner and have figured out how to do a text layer. But I can't figure out how to make my picture a layer instead of a whole new project. Every time I open a picture it creates a new project instead of making the picture a layer. How do I do that.????

but how do you get a picture or image from a folder on your computer in that layer? When I try to open an image it just creates a whole new project and won't open into the layer??

^ what aps said...

also the long way around would be to go to the new project that is opened press ctrl+a then press ctrl+c... the go back to your other project, and press ctrl+v on a new layer to paste it there.

or the simple way would be to open the picture. then add your text on a new layer. Then resize it to fit your needs.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thanks for asking this question; I was having the same problem however was hesitant to ask the question. It seems that my question got answered by reading your post.

just remember there is no such thing as a noob question. We were all beginners at one time or another.

also pressing F1 while paint.net is open will bring up a handy help file.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thread titles MUST BE DESCRIPTIVE as per [rule=6]Rule #6[/rule]

• 9 years later...
On 10/31/2009 at 11:28 PM, APShredder said:

Just go to Layers --> Import From File.

that didn't work for me. 

On 10/31/2009 at 11:28 PM, APShredder said:

Just go to Layers --> Import From File.