Configure Paint.Net

Looking at Microsoft programs there is a standard having "Application" - "filename" or looking at Adobe it's like "Filename" - "Application". However regarding "paint.net" adding (100%) to the filename it's like "Blue hills.jpg(100%) and the displayed filename is changing everytime the zoom-level changes.

Why do i want this? There are thousands of users that could benefit from having paint.net working like a standard windows application making it work with the interceptor technology. Today applications like AutoCAD, Bizagi, MathCad, Visio or whatever (using the windows standard) is working accordingly to that technology. And "paint.net" is so extrem close to apply to that standard (the Open Dialog is brilliant, no extra customizations or other strange things etc). It's just the feature of having the (100%) in the name that makes it impossible...

There are thousands of users that could benefit from having paint.net working like a standard windows application making it work with the interceptor technology.
You lost me...
Today applications like AutoCAD, Bizagi, MathCad, Visio or whatever (using the windows standard) is working accordingly to that technology. And "paint.net" is so extrem close to apply to that standard (the Open Dialog is brilliant, no extra customizations or other strange things etc). It's just the feature of having the (100%) in the name that makes it impossible...

At this point, I'd be surprised if there was anyone on this forum who could figure out what you're talking about.

Please, elaborate. What "interceptor technology?" Having the zoom percentage in the titlebar makes what impossible?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'm sorry for all the confusion. The interceptor is a technology owned by Open Text to integrate what ever application in their document management system, eDOCS. As long as the application follow the "windows standard" (for me it's having the Name in the titlebar, standard dialogs for open, save etc). However a lot of drawing/paint programs do so much customization of the forms that they can't be integrated (at least i can't, but i have only worked 13 years with that application). But paint.net doesn't do that, except for having the 100% appended to the documentname in the titelbar and that spoils the integration. So if there is a way of configure Paint.net to avoid that 100% it would be great.

You can also decompile Paint.NET using a program like Reflector and make the changes you need yourself.

You're opening Pandora's box if you do that. It's not a smart way to go about things.

:roll:

xZYt6wl.png

I'm quite serious about that statement. Stop rolling your eyes at me, it's getting obnoxious.

Comparing someone using the Windows API to do something you don't want them to do -- especially when it's for their own probably-personal purposes -- with the unleashing of evil on all mankind is very much eye-roll worthy.

Besides, if externally changing Paint.NET's window title via a method that was designed to do exactly this sort of thing affects the program's operation in any way whatsoever, then your code just sucks.

Normally after a post of this nature, I would include an eye-rolling emoticon here, but am refraining to avoid seeming too antagonistic.

xZYt6wl.png

Ok this thread is getting ridiculous. Recommending that someone either 1) use Win32 API's to hack up the title text, or 2) decompile, modify, and rebuild an app, is very poor advice on many levels.

Telling me that my code sucks is immature and unprofessional, pyrochild. Lose the attitude.

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg