Flying windows.. no more

Hi everybody!

New user here but 1 and a half year user of Paint.NET. I hope you'll understand my english grammar because i'm from Italy and I learnt english at school.

So, I'm here because i have some suggestions for future versions of Paint.NET. It's a beautiful program, has a lot of plug-ins created by Paint.NET's community (Thankyou). The only thing i don't like in it is, it has flying windows.

I want to ask you if is possible to have in future Paint.NET versions the flying windows but when dragging them to the left/right side to make them become Side-Panels.

I made an example image (Are there any image limitations on this forum (size, KB/MB) ?):

paintnetsidepanels.th.png

BlackXP-ilTester-cooperator.jpg

Ugh, that would be quite awful. No thank you.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No, BoltBait and I both disagree with you. I'm not aware of another meaning for "awful." I don't like it. I think it looks very cluttered and hard to use; plus, shouldn't there be more space available for the canvas?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The way i work with Paint.NET, i often have to move the small windows around to get to the”corners” of the drawing. So I prefer them floating. F 5-6-7-8 turns them off and on. But I wouldn’t mind if there was a F key for hide / reset all.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

But I wouldn’t mind if there was a F key for hide / reset all.

So very yes.

Leif that's a yes sooooo much for me as well. I actually like the flying windows. I can bring them in close to where I need them and hide when not in use but as you say quick Fkey for hide all and reset all would be a great asset in using the program.

I resently downloaded the free version of artrage just to try to broaden my computor skills. they have a nice system of hide and unhide buttons. plenty of realestate drawing area. but the program isn't near as good as this one. LOL!

ciao OMA