How to Install Plugins ×

Simon B's Plugin Pack: custom brushes, editable text and more (2014-06-22)

Simon Brown

Simon,

Sorry to have to post here again but I think that the Custom Brushes still has a glitch or two,(three?)

#1. The undo is a little buggy, the first brush stroke(and first stroke after changing brushes) can not be un-done with out reset, but then you lose all work.

#2. You have to guess at how big your brush size is as there is no indicator on the canvas. (and because of #1 it can be problematic) I realize with all the different brushes you can use or make that would be almost be impossable to do. If you can fix #1, #2 will not be an issue.

#3.The color change still has a few issues, it works without crashing but just weird acting.

Even though the color box showes the color of the "main" color wheel, it still paints black until you open and close the color popout.

Have a good day ! :) :wink:

Kart

Kart Sig.

KART_PDN_SIG.png

@kartracer & Rick (if you're reading this): I'll look into the bugs you reported when I can, but my laptop broke a few days ago (I don't have Windows on my netbook) and i'm uncertain when i'll get it fixed/replaced.

KaHuc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Simon Brown, I thought I would let you know that your Custom Brush plugin is causing PDN to hang.

I was trying to change the color of my brush, and it causes the program to momentarily switch to PDN, and then back to the UI. After that, when I accept what I have drawn in the UI, it causes PDN to hang. The window effect, turning solid and then semi-transparent, is fine. However, when hovering over the selection tool, I do not see the normal active selection box around the tool I'm trying to select. I have had to use Task Manager to close the program (thankfully I saved before running Custom Brush). I got a very interesting dialog box which said the program was waiting for a response from me. I have never seen that dialog box before.

Yes, I am using v3.5 and your latest update to the Custom Brush.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Downloaded the plugin pack.

PDN 3.5 says:

4 of 6
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Flags.dll
     Effect Name: Flags.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

5 of 6
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\StockLibrary.dll
     Effect Name: StockLibrary.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

6 of 6
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\SubtleEffect.dll
     Effect Name: EffectCaller.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: This plugin is incompatible with this version of Paint.NET.

Please help.

You will need to give more info as to your Opp sys, PDN ver #, and pehaps a screen shot so the good folks here can help you,,,hehe I know from experience,,,I too am having problems,,and they know about some of them. The more info you can provide makes it more simple for the "repair men"

Joel b (aka kartracer) :)

Kart Sig.

KART_PDN_SIG.png

You will need to give more info as to your Opp sys, PDN ver #, and pehaps a screen shot so the good folks here can help you,,,hehe I know from experience,,,I too am having problems,,and they know about some of them. The more info you can provide makes it more simple for the "repair men"

Joel b (aka kartracer) :)

PDN: Paint.NET v3.5 (Final Release build 3.50.3596.41598)

Screen shot: Of what? The errors are from "View plugin load errors".

I'll gladly provide more info, just tell me what.

PDN 3.5 says:

I'm aware of that and have no plans to fix them - only the plugins in the best pack are actively maintained. StockLibrary can be achieved by simply using a folder and SubtleEffect can be achieved by using a translucent layer. I'll still consider fixing and moving Flag, though.

KaHuc.png

PDN 3.5 says:

I'm aware of that and have no plans to fix them - only the plugins in the best pack are actively maintained. StockLibrary can be achieved by simply using a folder and SubtleEffect can be achieved by using a translucent layer. I'll still consider fixing and moving Flag, though.

Thank you Simon.

A small request though: would you be so kind as to tell me what DLLs you consider obsolete and recommend removing?

Thanks,

Alex.

Anything that's in the legacy plugin pack but not the normal one. A simple way to remove them would be to group them by author and delete all of mine, then install the normal pack from here. Of course, you might want to check first what's included in it (everything in the slideshow) so you know what you're removing.

KaHuc.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's in the legacy pack, although i'm not sure how well it will work. Again, re-writing AVIImport using a better library such as LibVLC is on my rough to-do-list.

KaHuc.png

Alright, question regarding that plugin, will it ever come to a stage where it can say, get a scriptlab batch processor file and apply it to every frame in the video? I realise the render time would be enormous, but if so Paint.NET would have a whole new market. Completely custom video effects :D:D Thanks for your help

FileType plugins are intended to load images, so it would have to be a separate application, and as AFAIK SLS is a closed format, it sounds like a feature that could only be added to the ScriptLab Batch Processor.

KaHuc.png

• 1 month later...