A general question about the plug in section

Information Overload! Too many people with too many plugins. Some plugins seem to be updates of an older version in a new post. Also, it looks like ( to me anyway ) a few older plugins have been updated by others, then again reposted. I am totally confused by that topic. HELP ME! Should I just download only the newest version? Are there any compatability issues between different plugins? I had a third question but I can't remember it, so I will end this message now. To all who answer this, a thank you in advance for helping me.

Information Overload! Too many people with too many plugins. Some plugins seem to be updates of an older version in a new post. Also, it looks like ( to me anyway ) a few older plugins have been updated by others, then again reposted. I am totally confused by that topic. HELP ME! Should I just download only the newest version? Are there any compatability issues between different plugins? I had a third question but I can't remember it, so I will end this message now. To all who answer this, a thank you in advance for helping me.

Always use the latest version of the plugins. If you download a plugin her, it is almost certain to be the latest version. Plugin developers usually remove there old versions.

Sometimes an effect (plugin) is made separately by more then one person. So you may find two plugins that dose almost the same thing. Try them booth, and keep the one you like. :wink:

A few plugins have become obsolete because they have been build in to Paint.NET itself. But not to worry. They are automatically blocked from loading.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Always use the latest version of the plugins. If you download a plugin her, it is almost certain to be the latest version. Plugin developers usually remove there old versions.

Sometimes an effect (plugin) is made separately by more then one person. So you may find two plugins that dose almost the same thing. Try them booth, and keep the one you like. :wink:

A few plugins have become obsolete because they have been build in to Paint.NET itself. But not to worry. They are automatically blocked from loading.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I too have suggested a clean-up of the Plugin area: viewtopic.php?p=259000#p259000

I am (slowly) working on an index of plugins, no eta at this point, but it should be weeks and not months (there's a lot of trawling through the forum to find little snippets of updates). Plus I will naturally run this index past many of the plugin authors to get their feedback before I release anything.

Until then http://www.getpaint.net/search.html is your friend. :)

I too have suggested a clean-up of the Plugin area: viewtopic.php?p=259000#p259000

I am (slowly) working on an index of plugins, no eta at this point, but it should be weeks and not months (there's a lot of trawling through the forum to find little snippets of updates). Plus I will naturally run this index past many of the plugin authors to get their feedback before I release anything.

Until then http://www.getpaint.net/search.html is your friend. :)