Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

Another wonderful tutorial by the legendary Oma! :wink:

I'd always want to do a sword, but never got to it really...

But now it's done, thanks to you!

Here's my sword:

Sword2.png

I didn't like the handle though, so I made my own version!

A nice leatherwrapped one of course!

Oma , you have already shown us a good way to render shiny metal and how versatile S3D can be.

I`m sure similar methods could be used to render glass, although I havn`t tried yet. :wink:

:lol::lol: ha ha ha don't you be trying to trick me into volunteering to do a glass tut. :lol::lol::lol: nice try.

ciao OMA

It was worth a try! :lol::lol:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Another wonderful tutorial by the legendary Oma! :wink:

I'd always want to do a sword, but never got to it really...

But now it's done, thanks to you!

Here's my sword:

th_Sword2.png

I didn't like the handle though, so I made my own version!

A nice leatherwrapped one of course!

love your handle. I saw one similar to that in a tut on Samari swords somewhere on the internet. I hadn't tried converting over yet but think now I may give it a go.

VERY NICE TUT. One of the best tuts I have ever read. Here are my results. I think I will change it up a bit but anyways

th_sword.png

very nice work. I love the blue stones. Were they from Ash tut or a render? I do see your image is sitting rather high on the background throwing off the viewpoint so I'm wondering about that. I'm thinking when you did the align step way back at the very first blue line for the blade perhaps you used the centre (default) alignment

try just aligning using the top horizontal button

or

maybe you didn't watch the side graph on the left and started your line up above the 4" mark.

AWESOME tutorial :D

Just what I was looking for :D

Though I wanted to make a katana, and was unsure how to do the handle, so I know it sucks, any suggestions?

th_Katanaoftheelements-1.png

^Warning, excessive overuse of smileys above!^

Kairyukasig-1.png

AWESOME tutorial :D

Just what I was looking for :D

Though I wanted to make a katana, and was unsure how to do the handle, so I know it sucks, any suggestions?

th_Katanaoftheelements-1.png

The handle looks great :D I wouldn't change anything O.o

And here's my try :D

th_Sword.png

Have to make a thumb because there's something about 800x600 something-or-'nother :P

Anyways, like it Oma? :D I've always loved your tuts, if you see the subtle use of "g" and "h" throughout the tut. Was a little worried about the sword since it looks so weird with the two overlapped sticks O.o If I was making from scratch I'd do a couple things differently, but the handle is a keeper :D excellente mi maestra, muy escellente! (my Espanol classes are taking over my life ._. )

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

You think so?

I just wanted it to be a little more life-like and badass >:-]

Kairyukasig-1.png

Hi nice sword Kairyuka...handle needs some roundness.

I have to check the net and see what those swords actually look like. but I thought they were curved.

will be back to address that handle.

@Jayed your sword is really good as well. I agree with you about the double stick thing. but it was the easiest manner to get this type of tut down to a simplier level so many of the just above beginners could follow along and make something half way there.

I left loads of room for the more experienced users to customize and individualize. The main reason for the tut is to get people to look at tuts and see possibilities on combining tuts .

epe.th.png

Here is mine :)

I added a reaaaaally basic depth to the handle because otherwise it looks like a 3d sword with a 2d handle. (I think)

I used another font than Windings 2 because it isn't on my computer (if you can guess what is this font, you win a cake*)

*The cake is a lie.

Jerusalem Shadow :D Name of the font, is Jerusalem Shadow I think o.0

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

iCarly the videogame?

Halo? :D

ElvenPower.jpg

Wow very nice, ill have to try it out

1 questions, y dont u want us too add blood? loL i didnt rlly think of it at first but then wen i read it say not to add blood i kinda wanted too XD

I tried your other handle tip, and it gae a pretty neat result, I'll be posting it later.

Also I messed around with some effects in order to make the blade curved, but I'm not sure how well it turned out :S

Kairyukasig-1.png

My virgin post and one of my first creations... the dragon was taken from the net and edited,, great tut.. learned many other uses for the plugins..

DragonSabre.jpg

* Did some touchups.. :)

GlassButton-1.gif

My virgin post and one of my first creations... the dragon was taken from the net and edited,, great tut.. learned many other uses for the plugins..

th_DragonSabre-B.jpg

absolutely stunning work. I'm glad you learned some additional things about the plugins and this tut brought you out of the woodwork to join us. I look forward to viewing further artistic creations by you. Have you started a gallery for yourself yet in the Pictorium. If not you should.

thanks for trying this tut and I truly love your adaptation.

ciao OMA

absolutely stunning work. I'm glad you learned some additional things about the plugins and this tut brought you out of the woodwork to join us. I look forward to viewing further artistic creations by you. Have you started a gallery for yourself yet in the Pictorium. If not you should.

thanks for trying this tut and I truly love your adaptation.

ciao OMA

Thanks Oma for the compliments, I'm new and been spending a lot of time on it, practicing the tuts and the various functions.. will start one soon... working on my sig rite now..

GlassButton-1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME O_O

And sorry for not posting it, I totally forgot x3

Normal with new handle

th_KatanaoftheelementsNewhandle.png

Normal with gem (Just wanted to try it out x3)

th_KatanaoftheelementsGem.png

Curved (I know, weird huh?)

th_KatanaoftheelementsDented.png

Comments anyone? Suggestions? (Wow, unconscious SOAD reference xD)

Kairyukasig-1.png

Another attempt...

100%PDN

th_Katana.jpg

KATANA

very nicely done.

AWESOME O_O

Curved (I know, weird huh?)

th_KatanaoftheelementsDented.png

Comments anyone? Suggestions? (Wow, unconscious SOAD reference xD)

well I'm not sure. did you look at the post by jesmic? he didn't say but looking at his it looks like he started with a curved line. first instead of the straight 4in line I did in tut. use line tool and right clik and pull the two center nubs (this is how you make bezier curves using line tool )