Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

how did you make that handle? It looks really nice.

clouds, jitters, blurs, the handle is made up of 7 layers including color burn to get the color..

GlassButton-1.gif

Sorry oma, but I couldn't make a katana using this tut with some (minor) adjustments, maybe I will try again later.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

it actually looks really nice.

alpah mask may help with the jaggies problem.

also another option would be to make the blade 2 to 4 times as big as you require end product to be and then after made resize by 25 to 50 %.

example would be in my palm leaf tut. I made that very large and then at the end resized. I show where to do that in that tut.

but like I said very fine job, really nice with onlt the bare minimum of instructions. That's called being creative and I just bet you learned more by that experiment than many others that have been using the program for a bit longer than you.

excellent A+++ sorry can't find the gold star button :wink:

ciao

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to do a nice handle for the sword. Here's my try:

Sword.png

I've never used Photobucket before, so if this doesn't show up, I'll have to try something else :)

Edit: @welshblue: the handle on that looks really cool. Did you use a tutorial on PdN to generate that? If so, what keywords should I use to search for it?

It wasn't so much the wood texture I was having a problem with. It was more just "the handle" itself. I've browsed the forums quickly for a good "handle" tutorial, but haven't found much.

I was even looking for a plugin that would distort something from | | to more of a \ / shape. That way, I could give it a little semblance of depth.

Maybe even a non-wooden handle would look good on a blade like this. But now I'm trying to adapt this to make me some nice throwing dagger, complete with the little groove down the blade (whatever that thing is called):

dagger.png

Some tut can actually be modified to create handles, e.g

1) pool cue tut by tourist viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22848

2) pear tut by oma viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28453 (for texture)

3) rope/steel cable tut by tourist viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23032

In simple terms, its all up to the imagination or to actually imitate a certain design of handle suited to the kind of blade u r doing..

another simple one i made..

Machete2.png

GlassButton-1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sort of a newbie at paint.net but here's what i came up with:

Sword1.png

let me know what I did wrong because I'm sure I made a few mistakes =|

[center][img]http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/ace9star9/Spacescape.png?t=1274380812[/img][/center]
[center]~ACE[/center]

I'm sort of a newbie at paint.net but here's what i came up with:

Sword1.png

let me know what I did wrong because I'm sure I made a few mistakes =|

[center][img]http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/ace9star9/Spacescape.png?t=1274380812[/img][/center]
[center]~ACE[/center]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An amazing tutorial =] Here is my attempt at a sword...

any comments on improvement would be appreciated.

30899_976dec87298654cec61933693c4fcc2b

KututoBanner-2.png?t=1258196235

I'm working on a new signature...

Now that... *gasp* Is a proper, *gasp* long, tutorial.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :AddNoise:

Signature-1.png

Trolololol

@Kutoto I see you finished. very nicely done ... it was great chatting with you by PM. and I'm happy you learned a bit more thru this tut.

@Remii9512 yes it is rather long. mainly because I added loads of little hints and pictures for the newer users. I think newbies deserve a chance at seeing they can make quality if they take their time. I tried to share some of my little tips.

@Skitzo well that was a mouthful. hope you try the tut.

ciao OMA