Logic gates

Evening all,

This may be a noob question so be gentle........

I'm after an AND and OR logic gate for use in Word 2007. I can't find any suitable images on the internet, so I figure I need to make one. Does anyone know of a plugin that includes these shapes, then I can import it into Word 2007.

The plan is to give them a 54,95,145 border and a 184,204,228 fill, given the chance :).

Thanks,

Dave

Yep, got 'em, well the link lead me to some 500x180 .png's.

I just had to change some colours, thin the lines and resize. Admittedly, I was hoping that there was an addon pack for Paint.net with electronic components but this will do just fine.

Thanks,

Dave

The link leads to pngs because that's how Wikimedia previews files. If you'd click them, you'd get to the vector .svg that you can use to make any size image.

Also, svg OR http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OR_ANSI.svg.

But you can really easily make the shapes in question in Word 2007 with SmartArt.

andor.png

That looks worth investigating. I looked through the SmartArt images. You can make them? I'll have a try.

Goes off to find out how to do this.......like I say I'm a noob at art/design :(. lol

Thanks,

Dave

There is a neat font on dafont.com called "Carr Electronic" by Alan Carr. It has a load of electronic symbols in it, including logic gates.

If you downloaded and installed this font, you would be able to type them onto your image using the text tool.

Hi Dave,

As per my previous post:

1. go and grab a copy of CARR Electronic font. The link to that font is in the text of the message.

2. Tips for installing fonts can be found here.

3. Click the link in my sig to go to the WhichSymbol thread and download that plugin.

4. Plugin installation tips by BoltBait can be found here

5. Run WhichSymbol+ and you'll get access to all the symbols, like this

LogicGates.gif

From this screen you can draw any of the symbols at any size you wish. Note that you should probably put each symbol on a new layer so you can resize and move them independantly. You can merge the layers when you're finished.

Hope this helps!