PDN wont open image when double clicked

Lollard

When are my pictures no longer opening 

Paint.net has been my preferred editor for a good while - now , my pc dosen't recognise it.

I can still open Panit.net and search for my picture - but that's not as convenient as double clicking on the file

I uninstalled and re-installed Paint.net, and it did open the picture ONCE!

Can anyone help, please

[Moderator action: Merged @Lollard's post into this related post]

Hey Lollard,

try right click on your picture > Open With > Choose another app and from the list select Paint.net. Check Always use this app to open .png .jpg, .gif files.
If it is not there, click More apps (at the end of the list).

If it is still not there, click on Look for other apps on this PC and browse where your Paint.net is installed (for example: Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > paint.net) and click on (select) paintdotnet.exe then OK.

Similar process is to right click on a picture (jpg, png or gif) then Properties. Under General where it says Open with: click on Change. And then find Paint.net on the list or browse for it.

You'll have to go through this process for all file types which you want to open with paint.net: jpg, gif, png, tiff...

Edited by Lemonade
added more info

@Lollard You should do what @Lemonade said to fix the problem.

But the question is: Why did it happen in the first place? i.e. why did the file type associations change?

You didn't say what does happen now when you double click on an image:
- Nothing?
- An error message?

- An invitation to select an application to open the file?

- The file opens in a different application?

Have you recently installed any other application that handles images?

@lemonade - Yep tried that! Even tried associating with another program (that worked) and then reassociating with Paint.net.

@tactilis -What does happen - it thinks about it for a while - then nothing.

The only thing that may of happened is a standard Windows update

Windows 10

6 hours ago, Lollard said:

I uninstalled and re-installed Paint.net, and it did open the picture ONCE!

Is the 'uninstall/reinstall/opens once' sequence repeatable?

If so, what does Windows show as the default app for opening each of the the image types: .jpg / .png / .pdn  immediately after reinstalling, i.e. before you trying to open each type, and then after you have tried to open each type?

Hi, so suddenly out of the blue today PDN wont open any images previously used and saved via the program, even if i right click and choose PDN i just get a little blue circle and it doesnt open. iv set paint as my default paint program to open pretty much every thing. i can how ever open PDN as a blank page and drag an image into it and save it, it just wont open any images by clicking the  image it's self, iv been trying to sort this for past 8 hours and no luck :/

1 minute ago, ghost2023 said:

... even if i right click and choose PDN i just get a little blue circle and it doesnt open ...

Just the image doesn't open, or the entire Paint.NET program doesn't open?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

PDN will open as an app into a blank page which i can then drag or use the go to and open function,  i just cant click on any image, even images that are already saved as PDN image, all i get is a blue circle and nothing happens, my log fault folder is empty, there's no errors showing up.   these same image open fine with other picture viwers, it's just PDN that wont.

paint.net is the default app for opening most formats, but lately, I can't double-click on the picture to open it in paint.net. I have to either right-click and choose open with or use the open option inside paint.net. I double-click, and the hourglass shows for a second, then nothing else.

[Moderator action: Merged @Jimi's post into @ghost2023's related post]

34 minutes ago, Jimi said:

... hourglass shows for a second, then nothing else.

Nothing else?

So the PaintDotNet.exe process never starts?

Or does the the PaintDotNet.exe process start then immediately exit?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• Tactilis changed the title to PDN wont open image when double clicked

Since the beginning of the month or so, I'm also seeing this behavior. File associations fail to have any effect, paint.net simply refuses to open when double clicking an associated file, or when right clicking -> open with -> paint.net. I see a spinner for a brief second and then nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and my normal workflow of clipping from the screen with Greenshot and it opening paint.net via file association is completely broken.

• Tactilis pinned and unpinned this topic

In the space of a few days, we've had three separate posts from @Lollard, @ghost2023, and @Jimi (which I've merged into one post), plus confirmation by @lewin76 of the same file association problem.

paint.net hasn't changed in that time, so I surmise that this may be caused by a recent Windows update. Could the affected people please check the dates in their Windows update history and see whether anything correlates. If so, what were the KB numbers of the updates?

Getting the diagnostics info from everyone affected is important.

Open Paint.NET (without an image, of course), go to Settings (gear icon at top right), click on the Diagnostics section, then click "Copy to Clipboard", and finally paste it into a reply here.

This will get us exact version numbers for the OS, DLLs loaded, etc.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

As a followup and to further depict and document the issue, here's the exact behavior that has regressed.

File associations rely on launching the target executable and passing the file path as the first parameter. If I replicate that behavior, and execute paint.net and pass it file paths, it fails to open them. If I take those same files and try to open them with any other editor, they open fine. It's not content, it's not file types, it's not relative versus full paths, it's something about the shelled to instance of paint.net that decides to not open the given path and simply exit. If I don't pass it the path parameter, the app opens without issue.

See attached for an example the hopefully confirms this in your eyes:

(looks like size limits means I have to offload to imgur)
W4xBXu3.gif
https://imgur.com/a/zOTeCVN

I've tried a number of things like toggling or resetting config options in the Setting UI but nothing seems to work to restore the old behavior. I tried setting up a fresh install in Windows Sandbox, and the same version of Paint.net runs without issue and supports shell associations, in the sandbox. Imagining that it's likely some old bad persisted state, I started hunting for AppData files that I could purge.

I found and renamed the `%localappdata%\paint.net` folder and just like that, the app works as expected. I made a backup of the problem state and tried to reduce it to a specific cause, and found if I simply rename `%localappdata%\paint.net\Optimization\Startup.1.profile`, the app works correctly, and it rebuilds the file when missing and goes from a 54kb bad version to a 190kb good version. So, it seems like on my machine there's some incompatible state stored in Startup.1.profile that causes file loading errors in the new version. A simple workaround for those impatient like me might be to rename the file, and let it regenerate for an immediate fix.

If you're interested I can post the problematic file, just let me know.

Edited by lewin76

My 2 cents worth:  I still use Windows 10 and I can open files & images in paint.net with no trouble upon double clicking 👍

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

4 hours ago, lewin76 said:

Please just post it as the text itself, not a ZIP file I have to download and unpack and all that

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This does kind of explain why the app doesn't start up when you give it a file name. There are two startup "profile" files -- the 0 is for when there are no command-line arguments, and the 1 is for when there is. The idea being that the code that gets executed is slightly different for each of those, so it warrants two different startup optimization files.

The optimization files are a built-in .NET thing that used to be called Multicore JIT. It records what methods get JITted at startup, and then the second time it kicks off background threads to JIT all those ahead of time. It should be robust in the fast of a corrupt file, but it looks like it is not. 

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

paint-diag.txt

Spoiler

Application                                          paint.net 5.0.11 (Stable 5.11.8685.3093)
Build Date                                           Thursday, October 12, 2023
Install type                                         Classic

Language:                                            en-US
DPI                                                  1.5 (1.50x scale)
UI/Canvas GPU                                        False
Rendering GPU                                        🚀 Performance (AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580)
Remote session                                       False
Animations                                           True
Translucent windows                                  True
Windows Ink                                          True

OS                                                   Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.19045.0)
Runtime                                              .NET 7.0.12 x64

Physical Memory                                      32,661 MB (16,378 MB free)
Paging File                                          57,237 MB (29,510 MB free)

CPU                                                  AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor
    Speed                                            ~3394 MHz
    Cores / Threads                                  8 / 16
    Features                                         SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, AVX, AVX2

Monitor                                              1
    Resolution                                       3840 x 2160, 30 Hz
    DPI                                              144 (1.50x scale)
    Coordinates                                      (L=0, T=0, R=3840, B=2160)
    Bit depth                                        10
    Color space                                      RgbFullGamma22NoneP709
    Connected to                                     AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580

Monitor                                              2
    Resolution                                       1920 x 1200, 60 Hz
    DPI                                              96 (1.00x scale)
    Coordinates                                      (L=3840, T=0, R=5760, B=1200)
    Bit depth                                        8
    Color space                                      RgbFullGamma22NoneP709
    Connected to                                     AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580

Video Card                                           AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580
    Hardware Acceleration                            Supported
    Dedicated Video RAM                              8,135 MB
    Dedicated System RAM                             0 MB
    Shared System RAM                                16,330 MB
    Vendor ID                                        0x1002
    Device ID                                        0x67DF
    Subsystem ID                                     0x17011028
    Revision                                         199
    LUID                                             0x00012835
    Flags                                            AcgCompatible, SupportMonitoredFences, KeyedMutexConformance
    Graphics Preemption                              PrimitiveBoundary
    Compute Preemption                               DmaBufferBoundary
    Outputs                                          2
    Feature Level                                    Level_12_0
    Features                                         Doubles, ComputeShadersEtc
    DXGI Formats                                     A8_UNorm, B8G8R8A8_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_Float, R32G32B32A32_Float
    Buffer Precisions                                UInt8Normalized, UInt8NormalizedSrgb, UInt16Normalized, Float16, Float32
    Maximum Bitmap Size                              16384

Video Card                                           Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    Hardware Acceleration                            N/A
    Dedicated Video RAM                              0 MB
    Dedicated System RAM                             0 MB
    Shared System RAM                                16,330 MB
    Vendor ID                                        0x1414
    Device ID                                        0x008C
    Subsystem ID                                     0x00000000
    Revision                                         0
    LUID                                             0x00014196
    Flags                                            Software, AcgCompatible, SupportMonitoredFences, KeyedMutexConformance
    Graphics Preemption                              InstructionBoundary
    Compute Preemption                               InstructionBoundary
    Outputs                                          0
    Feature Level                                    Level_12_1
    Features                                         Doubles, ComputeShadersEtc
    DXGI Formats                                     A8_UNorm, B8G8R8A8_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_UNorm, R16G16B16A16_Float, R32G32B32A32_Float
    Buffer Precisions                                UInt8Normalized, UInt8NormalizedSrgb, UInt16Normalized, Float16, Float32
    Maximum Bitmap Size                              8388608

Managed assemblies                                   94
    System.Private.CoreLib                           .\System.Private.CoreLib.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e
    paintdotnet                                      .\paintdotnet.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Runtime                                   .\System.Runtime.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Windows.Forms                             .\System.Windows.Forms.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    PaintDotNet.Fundamentals                         .\PaintDotNet.Fundamentals.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Diagnostics.Tracing                       .\System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Threading.Thread                          .\System.Threading.Thread.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Base                                 .\PaintDotNet.Base.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Collections                          .\PaintDotNet.Collections.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.ComponentModel                       .\PaintDotNet.ComponentModel.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Windows                              .\PaintDotNet.Windows.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    TerraFX.Interop.Windows                          .\TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll, Version=10.0.22621.2, PublicKeyToken=35b01b53313a6f7e
    PaintDotNet.Primitives                           .\PaintDotNet.Primitives.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Collections.Concurrent                    .\System.Collections.Concurrent.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Runtime                              .\PaintDotNet.Runtime.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PointerToolkit                                   .\PointerToolkit.dll, Version=1.0.0.0
    System.Threading                                 .\System.Threading.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.SystemLayer                          .\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Systrace                             .\PaintDotNet.Systrace.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Diagnostics.Process                       .\System.Diagnostics.Process.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Private.Uri                               .\System.Private.Uri.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.ComponentModel.Primitives                 .\System.ComponentModel.Primitives.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Windows.Forms.Primitives                  .\System.Windows.Forms.Primitives.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    WindowsBase                                      .\WindowsBase.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    System.Runtime.InteropServices                   .\System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.ObjectModel                          .\PaintDotNet.ObjectModel.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Drawing.Primitives                        .\System.Drawing.Primitives.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Collections                               .\System.Collections.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Diagnostics.TraceSource                   .\System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Microsoft.Win32.Primitives                       .\Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Text.Encoding.CodePages                   .\System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Core                                 .\PaintDotNet.Core.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Resources                            .\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.ObjectModel                               .\System.ObjectModel.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Data                                 .\PaintDotNet.Data.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Framework                            .\PaintDotNet.Framework.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    CommunityToolkit.HighPerformance                 .\CommunityToolkit.HighPerformance.dll, Version=8.2.0.0, PublicKeyToken=4aff67a105548ee2
    System.Threading.ThreadPool                      .\System.Threading.ThreadPool.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager        .\System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    System.Collections.Specialized                   .\System.Collections.Specialized.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Windows.Framework                    .\PaintDotNet.Windows.Framework.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Xml.ReaderWriter                          .\System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Drawing.Common                            .\System.Drawing.Common.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    System.Private.Xml                               .\System.Private.Xml.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    PaintDotNet.UI                                   .\PaintDotNet.UI.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Collections.Immutable                     .\System.Collections.Immutable.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents                     .\Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    System.Net.WebClient                             .\System.Net.WebClient.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    System.Linq                                      .\System.Linq.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync            .\System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Memory                                    .\System.Memory.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo               .\System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Text.Encoding.Extensions                  .\System.Text.Encoding.Extensions.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Microsoft.Win32.Registry                         .\Microsoft.Win32.Registry.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Security.Principal.Windows                .\System.Security.Principal.Windows.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    ComputeSharp.D2D1                                .\ComputeSharp.D2D1.dll, Version=2.1.0.0, PublicKeyToken=dc35fa229f6881d8
    System.Security.Claims                           .\System.Security.Claims.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PresentationFramework                            .\PresentationFramework.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter              .\System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.ComponentModel                            .\System.ComponentModel.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Xaml                                      .\System.Xaml.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    PaintDotNet.Windows.Core                         .\PaintDotNet.Windows.Core.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PresentationCore                                 .\PresentationCore.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    PaintDotNet.PropertySystem                       .\PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    DirectWriteForwarder                             .\DirectWriteForwarder.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    System.Runtime.Extensions                        .\System.Runtime.Extensions.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Diagnostics.Debug                         .\System.Diagnostics.Debug.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC          .\System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.IO.Packaging                              .\System.IO.Packaging.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Core                         .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Core.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Collections.NonGeneric                    .\System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Accessibility                                    .\Accessibility.dll, Version=4.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    UIAutomationTypes                                .\UIAutomationTypes.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel                  .\System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Gpu                          .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Gpu.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Numerics.Vectors                          .\System.Numerics.Vectors.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Runtime.Loader                            .\System.Runtime.Loader.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    WebPFileType                                     .\Bundled\WebPFileType\WebPFileType.dll, Version=1.3.20.0
    AvifFileType                                     .\Bundled\AvifFileType\AvifFileType.dll, Version=1.1.26.0
    DdsFileTypePlus                                  .\Bundled\DDSFileTypePlus\DdsFileTypePlus.dll, Version=1.12.8.0
    PaintDotNet.Effects                              .\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Legacy                       .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Legacy.dll, Version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.IO.Hashing                                .\System.IO.Hashing.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    Newtonsoft.Json                                  .\Newtonsoft.Json.dll, Version=13.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
    System.Linq.Expressions                          .\System.Linq.Expressions.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters          .\System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Runtime.Numerics                          .\System.Runtime.Numerics.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Text.RegularExpressions                   .\System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    System.Runtime.Intrinsics                        .\System.Runtime.Intrinsics.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    PhotoSauce.MagicScaler                           .\PhotoSauce.MagicScaler.dll, Version=0.13.2.0, PublicKeyToken=fc6b9b7b06809481
    PointerToolkit.TerraFX.Interop.Windows           .\PointerToolkit.TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll, Version=10.0.22621.2
    System.Reflection.MetadataLoadContext            .\System.Reflection.MetadataLoadContext.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
    ComputeSharp.Core                                .\ComputeSharp.Core.dll, Version=2.1.0.0, PublicKeyToken=dc35fa229f6881d8
    System.IO.Compression                            .\System.IO.Compression.dll, Version=7.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Native modules                                       184
    paintdotnet.exe                                  .\paintdotnet.exe, version=5.11.8685.3093
    ntdll.dll                                        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    KERNEL32.DLL                                     C:\Windows\System32\KERNEL32.DLL, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    KERNELBASE.dll                                   C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    SHELL32.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    msvcp_win.dll                                    C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    ucrtbase.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    USER32.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    win32u.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    GDI32.dll                                        C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    gdi32full.dll                                    C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    ole32.dll                                        C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    RPCRT4.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\RPCRT4.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    combase.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    OLEAUT32.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\OLEAUT32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    SHLWAPI.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\SHLWAPI.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    msvcrt.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll, version=7.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    VCRUNTIME140_1.dll                               .\VCRUNTIME140_1.dll, version=14.38.33126.1
    VCRUNTIME140.dll                                 .\VCRUNTIME140.dll, version=14.38.33126.1
    IMM32.DLL                                        C:\Windows\System32\IMM32.DLL, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    shcore.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\shcore.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    hostfxr.dll                                      .\hostfxr.dll, version=7,0,1223,47720 @Commit: 4a824ef37caa51072221584c64cbf15455f406ca
    ADVAPI32.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\ADVAPI32.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    sechost.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    hostpolicy.dll                                   .\hostpolicy.dll, version=7,0,1223,47720 @Commit: 4a824ef37caa51072221584c64cbf15455f406ca
    coreclr.dll                                      .\coreclr.dll, version=7,0,1223,47720 @Commit: 4a824ef37caa51072221584c64cbf15455f406ca
    bcryptPrimitives.dll                             C:\Windows\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Private.CoreLib.dll                       .\System.Private.CoreLib.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    clrjit.dll                                       .\clrjit.dll, version=7,0,1223,47720 @Commit: 4a824ef37caa51072221584c64cbf15455f406ca
    kernel.appcore.dll                               C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    paintdotnet.dll                                  .\paintdotnet.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Runtime.dll                               .\System.Runtime.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    uxtheme.dll                                      C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Windows.Forms.dll                         .\System.Windows.Forms.dll, version=7.0.1223.47803
    PaintDotNet.Fundamentals.dll                     .\PaintDotNet.Fundamentals.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll                   .\System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    icu.dll                                          C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\icu.dll, version=64, 2, 0, 0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Threading.Thread.dll                      .\System.Threading.Thread.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Base.dll                             .\PaintDotNet.Base.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Collections.dll                      .\PaintDotNet.Collections.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.ComponentModel.dll                   .\PaintDotNet.ComponentModel.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Windows.dll                          .\PaintDotNet.Windows.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll                      .\TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll, version=10.0.22621.2
    PaintDotNet.Primitives.dll                       .\PaintDotNet.Primitives.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Collections.Concurrent.dll                .\System.Collections.Concurrent.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Runtime.dll                          .\PaintDotNet.Runtime.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PointerToolkit.dll                               .\PointerToolkit.dll, version=1.0.0.0
    System.Threading.dll                             .\System.Threading.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll                      .\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Systrace.dll                         .\PaintDotNet.Systrace.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Diagnostics.Process.dll                   .\System.Diagnostics.Process.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    windows.storage.dll                              C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\windows.storage.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Wldp.dll                                         C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Wldp.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Private.Uri.dll                           .\System.Private.Uri.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    BCrypt.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\BCrypt.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.ComponentModel.Primitives.dll             .\System.ComponentModel.Primitives.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Windows.Forms.Primitives.dll              .\System.Windows.Forms.Primitives.dll, version=7.0.1223.47803
    WindowsBase.dll                                  .\WindowsBase.dll, version=7.0.1223.47802
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll               .\System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.ObjectModel.dll                      .\PaintDotNet.ObjectModel.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Drawing.Primitives.dll                    .\System.Drawing.Primitives.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Collections.dll                           .\System.Collections.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.dll               .\System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll                   .\Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll               .\System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Core.dll                             .\PaintDotNet.Core.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PaintDotNet.Resources.dll                        .\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.ObjectModel.dll                           .\System.ObjectModel.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Data.dll                             .\PaintDotNet.Data.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PresentationNative_cor3.dll                      .\PresentationNative_cor3.dll, version=7,0,23,40905 @Commit: 62999eb1848d22a5271ae178aa2b92383e1df544
    PaintDotNet.Framework.dll                        .\PaintDotNet.Framework.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    CommunityToolkit.HighPerformance.dll             .\CommunityToolkit.HighPerformance.dll, version=8.2.1.1
    System.Threading.ThreadPool.dll                  .\System.Threading.ThreadPool.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.dll    .\System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Collections.Specialized.dll               .\System.Collections.Specialized.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Windows.Framework.dll                .\PaintDotNet.Windows.Framework.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll                      .\System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    dxgi.DLL                                         C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxgi.DLL, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Drawing.Common.dll                        .\System.Drawing.Common.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Private.Xml.dll                           .\System.Private.Xml.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.UI.dll                               .\PaintDotNet.UI.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Collections.Immutable.dll                 .\System.Collections.Immutable.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll                 .\Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Net.WebClient.dll                         .\System.Net.WebClient.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Linq.dll                                  .\System.Linq.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll        .\System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    profapi.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\profapi.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Memory.dll                                .\System.Memory.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.dll           .\System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    MSCTF.dll                                        C:\Windows\System32\MSCTF.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Text.Encoding.Extensions.dll              .\System.Text.Encoding.Extensions.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    version.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\version.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Microsoft.Win32.Registry.dll                     .\Microsoft.Win32.Registry.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Security.Principal.Windows.dll            .\System.Security.Principal.Windows.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    ComputeSharp.D2D1.dll                            .\ComputeSharp.D2D1.dll, version=2.1.0.0
    d3d11.DLL                                        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.DLL, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Security.Claims.dll                       .\System.Security.Claims.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    aticfx64.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0393367.inf_amd64_6fba1387e8658583\B393268\aticfx64.dll, version=8.17.10.1698
    WINMM.dll                                        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    atiuxp64.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0393367.inf_amd64_6fba1387e8658583\B393268\atiuxp64.dll, version=8.14.01.6564
    PresentationFramework.dll                        .\PresentationFramework.dll, version=7.0.1223.47802
    atidxx64.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0393367.inf_amd64_6fba1387e8658583\B393268\atidxx64.dll, version=8.17.10.01093
    SETUPAPI.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\SETUPAPI.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    cfgmgr32.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    apphelp.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    amdihk64.dll                                     C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\amdihk64.dll, version=2,00,00,1788
    System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.dll          .\System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.ComponentModel.dll                        .\System.ComponentModel.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Xaml.dll                                  .\System.Xaml.dll, version=7.0.1223.47802
    PaintDotNet.Windows.Core.dll                     .\PaintDotNet.Windows.Core.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    PresentationCore.dll                             .\PresentationCore.dll, version=7.0.1223.47802
    d2d1.DLL                                         C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d2d1.DLL, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.dll                   .\PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    DirectWriteForwarder.dll                         .\DirectWriteForwarder.dll, version=7,0,1223,47802 @Commit: c94bac748138456f4feef271b3dc18e4b46453e6
    clbcatq.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll, version=2001.12.10941.16384 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    gdiplus.dll                                      C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.19041.3636_none_91a19322cc8a92a3\gdiplus.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Runtime.Extensions.dll                    .\System.Runtime.Extensions.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    UIAnimation.dll                                  C:\Windows\System32\UIAnimation.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    WindowsCodecs.dll                                C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WindowsCodecs.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Diagnostics.Debug.dll                     .\System.Diagnostics.Debug.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC.dll      .\System.Runtime.CompilerServices.VisualC.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.IO.Packaging.dll                          .\System.IO.Packaging.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    XmlLite.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\XmlLite.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    dwrite.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dwrite.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Core.dll                     .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Core.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    dxcore.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxcore.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll                .\System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    D3DSCache.dll                                    C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3DSCache.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    USERENV.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    twinapi.appcore.dll                              C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    comctl32.dll                                     C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.19041.3636_none_60b6a03d71f818d5\comctl32.dll, version=6.10 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Accessibility.dll                                .\Accessibility.dll, version=7.0.1223.47803
    UIAutomationTypes.dll                            .\UIAutomationTypes.dll, version=7.0.1223.47802
    System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.dll              .\System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Gpu.dll                      .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Gpu.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Numerics.Vectors.dll                      .\System.Numerics.Vectors.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    mfplat.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mfplat.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    RTWorkQ.DLL                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\RTWorkQ.DLL, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    CompPkgSup.DLL                                   C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CompPkgSup.DLL, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    TextShaping.dll                                  C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\TextShaping.dll, version=
    Windows.StateRepositoryPS.dll                    C:\Windows\System32\Windows.StateRepositoryPS.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    System.Runtime.Loader.dll                        .\System.Runtime.Loader.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    WebPFileType.dll                                 .\Bundled\WebPFileType\WebPFileType.dll, version=1.3.20.0
    AvifFileType.dll                                 .\Bundled\AvifFileType\AvifFileType.dll, version=1.1.26.0
    DdsFileTypePlus.dll                              .\Bundled\DDSFileTypePlus\DdsFileTypePlus.dll, version=1.12.8.0
    WinTypes.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\WinTypes.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PaintDotNet.Effects.dll                          .\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    wtsapi32.dll                                     C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\wtsapi32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    WINSTA.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINSTA.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    D3D10Warp.dll                                    C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3D10Warp.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PaintDotNet.Effects.Legacy.dll                   .\PaintDotNet.Effects.Legacy.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    UIAutomationCore.dll                             C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\UIAutomationCore.dll, version=7.2.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PROPSYS.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\PROPSYS.dll, version=7.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    dwmapi.DLL                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.DLL, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    dataexchange.dll                                 C:\Windows\system32\dataexchange.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    dcomp.dll                                        C:\Windows\system32\dcomp.dll, version=10.0.19041.3693 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    textinputframework.dll                           C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\textinputframework.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    CoreUIComponents.dll                             C:\Windows\System32\CoreUIComponents.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636
    CoreMessaging.dll                                C:\Windows\System32\CoreMessaging.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636
    WS2_32.dll                                       C:\Windows\System32\WS2_32.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    ntmarta.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    powrprof.dll                                     C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\powrprof.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    UMPDC.dll                                        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\UMPDC.dll, version=
    System.IO.Hashing.dll                            .\System.IO.Hashing.dll, version=7.0.22.51805
    Newtonsoft.Json.dll                              .\Newtonsoft.Json.dll, version=13.0.3.27908
    System.Linq.Expressions.dll                      .\System.Linq.Expressions.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.dll      .\System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Runtime.Numerics.dll                      .\System.Runtime.Numerics.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll               .\System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.dll           .\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.dll, version=5.11.8685.3093
    System.Runtime.Intrinsics.dll                    .\System.Runtime.Intrinsics.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    PhotoSauce.MagicScaler.dll                       .\PhotoSauce.MagicScaler.dll, version=0.13.2.0
    explorerframe.dll                                C:\Windows\system32\explorerframe.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Cabinet.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Cabinet.dll, version=5.00 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    d3dcompiler_47.dll                               C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dcompiler_47.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    CRYPTSP.dll                                      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CRYPTSP.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    PointerToolkit.TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll       .\PointerToolkit.TerraFX.Interop.Windows.dll, version=10.0.22621.2
    System.Reflection.MetadataLoadContext.dll        .\System.Reflection.MetadataLoadContext.dll, version=7.0.22.51805
    ComputeSharp.Core.dll                            .\ComputeSharp.Core.dll, version=2.1.0.0
    System.IO.Compression.dll                        .\System.IO.Compression.dll, version=7.0.1223.47720
    DEVOBJ.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\DEVOBJ.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    WINTRUST.dll                                     C:\Windows\System32\WINTRUST.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    CRYPT32.dll                                      C:\Windows\System32\CRYPT32.dll, version=10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    MSASN1.dll                                       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSASN1.dll, version=10.0.19041.3636 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

The problematic Startup.1.profile file will be key to debugging this.

In the meantime you should be able to add the /disablePGO command-line parameter to prevent if from creating or using those files.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This could be https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/issues/81799

If I can reproduce the issue then I can fix it for 5.0.12, but I'll need that Startup.1.profile file

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

You pretty much lost me with the surprising attitude about a simple zip file, which adds a single step to the process and is commonplace. I would have thought the time and effort put into tracking down and describing the issue would have been better received. I've often wished I could improve or extend paint.net but I can see now why that's not a thing.

I'll add the requested file since I did the work to investigate and happen to have the repro, but the only way to attach it is via...Startup.1.zip zip; hopefully that makes sense and is expected.

Finally, the first time Startup.1.profile was generated after renaming/deleting the file and running paint.net and passing a command line argument, the file was large (189kb). However, when I came back later, it had changed and was the same size as the one which previously caused the problem behavior (54kb), yet it still works. I repeated the process and confirmed it changes size likely based on some loaded state. Seemingly expected behavior, just thought it's interesting to note if you're comparing the before/after versions of Startup.1.profile and wondering why I originally said it was 190kb but it's small in the zip. Also, Startup.1.profile_bad in the zip file is the repro case which prevents command line behavior from working correctly, the others are currently working versions.

image.thumb.png.2e70468c260afeaa5ba11a73381fb5a2.png

1 hour ago, lewin76 said:

You pretty much lost me with the surprising attitude about a simple zip file, which adds a single step to the process and is commonplace.

To be fair, the request was to:

On 11/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, Rick Brewster said:

Open Paint.NET (without an image, of course), go to Settings (gear icon at top right), click on the Diagnostics section, then click "Copy to Clipboard", and finally paste it into a reply here.

But I can appreciate why you might have thought posting a zip would be more usual, however it does add extra steps for you and for Rick.