Saw all these plugins on PNDing video...

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

HELLo, hello hello, and thank you for listening from the other side of my brick walls.

So much to learn and I'm loving every second of it.  I recently posted in Discussions looking for tools I can use to create certain 3D effects and Pixie referred me to the Bevel tool.  Close, made me try allsorts of effects, but no cigar.  After messing around for days with the plugins I have and watching skeenteen tutorials, I finally landed on one by PDNing that has exactly what I was looking for.  His/her videos are wonderful - I learned a ton of stuff in just two of the vids.  I was sad to see the tuts stopped 9 years ago and hope that's jiust due to burn out.

I would love to go through the steps outlined but except for Helen's glass ball, which she created with hardly any tools at all😮 I don't know which packs to search for nor which tools are still compatible.  For instance, does MKT's 3D Shapes still work?  

I did note that some of the options in Distort (see attached screen shot x2) have been moved to other slots, but there's way more stuff all over the place.  At this point I don't need all those bells and whistles on a daily basis; however (help!), I do need the tools PNDing used to create the pumpkin: youtube.com/watch?v=p2rb3scu7xo. Here is a pic of what I currently have, including the ones I apparently didn't load properly (later 'gator on that): image.thumb.png.140d5acf978646a7c743192c00623d23.png

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (86).png

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?

12 hours ago, BMP said:

tuts stopped 9 years ago and hope that's jiust due to burn out.

This person is our man @yellowman who visit s us periodically :) 

12 hours ago, BMP said:

For instance, does MKT's 3D Shapes still work? 

Yes, it does indeed.

12 hours ago, BMP said:

point I don't need all those bells and whistles on a daily basis; however (help!),

If there are Plugins that you don't use, you will have to remove them from the "Effects" folder on your computer.  Remember that some Plugins are not removable, which is denoted by 'no jigsaw emblem' next to the Plugins name.

12 hours ago, BMP said:

I do need the tools PNDing used to create the pumpkin

Please give us the name of the tool used in that video that you want, and we can tell you where to find it.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@BMP if you haven't tried it yet, I'd recommend installing the excellent 'Plugin Browser' plugin from here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110458-the-plugin-browser-v20-jan-16-2023/

It allows you to easily search, bookmark, and run your favourite plugins.

It gets its information from your installed plugins plus the forum's Plugin Index.

image.png.e5ba54d9db6a1d64063647666cfe01

• Upvote 1

Awesome replies!  Thank you Pixie and Tactilis.  No way can I choose a best answer between the two of you.

Tactilis - I did not know that's what the plug in browser does.  Very cool.  Got it and thank you.

Pixie, you super hero you,

1. Thank you for letting me know about @yellowman.  At my age, one tends to fear the worst.
  2. MKT's plug in will be dl'd immediately. (Happy dance)  
  3. So that's what the jigsaw icon means!
  4. I'll go back through the tutorial to nail what I would like to dl.  However, going through a comparison with the screenshots I provided and the tools I already have, it may be far less than I originally thought.
  5. I did diligently search the plug in search bot, but regardless of the combinations I used, I could not get it to show me anything "3D".  I only found out about MKT on the 'net doing paint.net tut searches.  Just so you know. 

Heading off to tend to my creatives, then study some marketing this afternoon.  Doing my best to make the marketing part as much fun as the creatives.  Please don't ask how that's working for me.😙🎶

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

• Solution

@BMP I took a quick look at the Pumpkin video and these are the tool used, which can be found in the Plugin Index.

1.  Gradient Tool
2.  Tube Oblique
3.  Tile Image
4.  Invert Selection
5.  Clouds
6.  Perspective
7.  AA's Assistant
8.  Tube Oblique
9.  Shape 3D
10. Liquify
11. Brightness / Contrast (built in)
12. Color Tint
13. Gaussian Blur
14. Hue / Saturation (built in)
15. Vignette (built in)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Whoa!  Bless you for doing that, Pixey.  🥰  

Your 2017 little squirell is cuteness to die for.  The 2016 cracked egg over on Deviant is awesome, too.  Do you have a store on Creative Market?  

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 3:41 AM, BMP said:

I did diligently search the plug in search bot, but regardless of the combinations I used, I could not get it to show me anything "3D".  I only found out about MKT on the 'net doing paint.net tut searches.  Just so you know. 

I recommend you stop using anything but the Plugin Index to search for plugins.

Here's a link to the Plugin Index's results using the keyword "3D"

https://forums.getpaint.net/PluginIndex?keywords=3d&author=All+Authors+&type=0&status=7&compat=3&order=title&menu=All+Menus+&release=0

Shape 3D is 6th from the bottm (listed alphabetically).