How to Get an Exactly Square Selection

Go to solution Solved by Djisves,

Hi,

If I need to get an exactly square selection that is down-to-the-pixel size even, say, 200x200...how would I do that?

I know I can drag a selection area, but since it is done by hand it is always a bit off.  If I need it to be an exact size or dimensions...what do I need to do?

Thanks! :D

20 hours ago, Djisves said:

Option A: Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while dragging your mouse on the canvas.

:star:

On 4/18/2023 at 10:40 AM, Flingrabu said:

If I need to get an exactly square selection that is down-to-the-pixel size even, say, 200x200...how would I do that?

I know I can drag a selection area, but since it is done by hand it is always a bit off.  If I need it to be an exact size or dimensions...what do I need to do?

People have given you the solution, but it is also very easy to answer these sort of questions yourself.

1. Click the :Help: icon top right and then click Documentation.
2. Look at Tools | Selection Tools | Rectangle Select Tool.

3. See the very prominent Tip which shows you how to make the selection a square.

The Documentation is comprehensive and very well written. It will pay dividends if you spend a little time working your way through it and trying out the tools and features it describes.