Photo Editing Assistance or advice.

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Hey all,

I've taken a photo today, and tried to edit it and am stuck on how to enhance a certain aspect of it but still have it looking natural.

This picture is a tree in front of a street light casting rays of light in the fog.

If anyone can point my in the right direction, or advise me on how I'd go about making the tree stand out more, and also having more definition between the light rays, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

• Solution

Hi @ChrisF and welcome :)

I had a stab at it.

1.  Duplicate the picture.

2. Uncheck the duplicate.

3.  On the lower image use the Levels Plugin to get the tree to stand out.

4.  Go to the duplicated image and use the Gradient, set to transparent, and drag over the area by the tree.

tree-more-obvious.png

levels.png   Tip:  To use the gradient to fade the edge, first use fright click of the mouse to start the gradient, then drag.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You could:

1.  Make a new layer.

2.  Using the line tool pick a color (I used black- but you may want a softer dark grey).

3.  Gaussian blur to you liking/or try the Splinter plugin and then play with the layer modes to see what you like.

lights.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

ChrisF well done. Your question answered one of mine- that I didn't even know I had, So Thanks....Hummm computer-user.gif ....Gaussian blur....click on the.....

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️