Help finding a tutorial for how to make an effect - stardust trail?

Hi,

Sorry to bother everyone. I'm new to Paint.net and I've been searching through the tutorials. I'm looking for a way to make a stardust trail effect like the ones in the attached screenshots. I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in the direction of a plugin or a tutorial as I've gotten quite confused.

Thank you so much for your time and help with this, I really appreciate it.

stardust trail.JPG

Hello Telwin, welcome to the forum!

I can see two approaches:

1. Create a layer of stars (as 'objects' on a transparent background) then erase parts to leave the overall shape you require.
Two plugins would be useful for this approach. Pyrochild's Random shape filler or the more complex and versatile version by TechnoRobbo, here.

2. The second way would be to add the stars directly. Brush Factory can help with this - you can even create your own star shape brush.

Personally I would use a combination of both approaches. Note that once you have the star shapes as 'objects' it is relatively easy to change the colouring to get a glowing effect. (I used these techniques to get the star trails in image #75 in Galleria thread.)

Hope that gives you some clues - Good luck!

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks for compliments!

The plugins mentioned can be a little intimidating for the less experienced but play around with them and if you get stuck just post in that plugin's thread and I'm sure you'll get help. Remember to save your project first as a .pdn file (with layers) and when finished save as a .png with a transparent background so you can use the star trail for other projects.

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

14 hours ago, Telwin said:

I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in the direction of a plugin or a tutorial as I've gotten quite confused.

Here's a well respected tutorial to help get you started:
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/12215-how-to-wrapped-glowy-line-from-my-joker-sig/?ct=1623651482

The glitter can be added afterwards.