Stripes in differing colours

Hi all,

A quick question that I'm having difficulty solving as I'm new to paint.net :

Trying to create a graphic for a t-shirt that is basically 10 stripes all in a different colour.  Not sure how to do this after looking online and searching here ?  Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dreamattack

• Dreamattack changed the title to Stripes in differing colours

There's probably a plugin but there are multiple, longer winded manual ways of doing this if you want distinct stripes.

You could create a single stripe (any colour) in multiple layers and simply recolour each layer. Then shift each layer stripe left/right or up/down, depending on whether they're vertical or horizontal stripes, so they're all pixel accurately butt jointed as rectangular block of multi-coloured stripes.

If you're thinking to make the whole T-Shirt striped you could then use a T-Shirt shaped template and the Magic Wand tool to cut out a T-Shirt shape from the multi-striped rectangle.

There must be easier ways of doing all this but I can not see any reason it would not produce a decent result. 

Edited by IHaveNoName
additional thought/clarity

IHaveNoName.png

Welcome to the forum @Dreamattack :)

There is a Plugin called Parallel Lines that may be the solution.  You would then have to color each line individually by:

1.  Select a line with the magic wand :MagicWandTool:

2. Make a new layer and, with the selection still active, fill the area with a color via the bucket :PaintBucket: tool

3. Continue as you fill each line.

DsF0qfA.png

:arrow-up:  Click for larger

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

My way:
1. Draw a Linear Gradient with any color from top to bottom (left to right in order to get vertical stripes). Keep shift key pressed.
2. Choose Paint Bucket tool, change tolerance to 10% (big tolerance =  wide stripes, small tolerance = narrow stripes).
3. Disable Antialiasing (very important!).
4. Create stripes using Paint Bucket with desired colors. Click on linear gradient already created. Change color using Color Wheel.

This methode works even for concentric circular stripes, but you need to make a Radial Gradient.

• Upvote 1

Another way to make the lines is with the Line / Curve tool set to Dotted Line Style.

The Brush width will set the thickness of your lines.

Draw a vertical line at the left edge of the canvas.

Make a vertical Rectangular selection of the square dots and

drag the selection edge horizontally to fill the canvas with lines. 
(Use the Move Selected Pixels tool.)

After that:

5 hours ago, Pixey said:

1.  Select a line with the magic wand :MagicWandTool:

2. Make a new layer and, with the selection still active, fill the area with a color via the bucket :PaintBucket: tool

3. Continue as you fill each line.