Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

I can`t really take credit for the design of the image as I was just following a tut I mentioned a few posts back, but the text effects are mine. Stumbled on it by accident and thought it looked better than the one in the tut.

Glad you like it though.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I love the sword, only the Greek is wrong, I would pronounce it as magig girgle, for the first and last c you should write a k and for the second an s.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Really impressive gallery. Oma referred me to you as she replied to a post I had made on creating a bottle of wine and remembered you had done one that turned out nicely. The bit I'm struggling with is creating a smooth, natural look (ie, not cut/paste of a pic) but maintaining the soft geometric lines of a bottle and the look of glass and filled with wine. I don't think there is a way to do this using brush/pencil.. it must be combinations of layering and the fixed geometric shapes (ie, ellipse tool, etc...). Can you provide any feedback on how you were so successful with both your bottle and your wine glass??

Thanks!

Z

Really impressive gallery. Oma referred me to you as she replied to a post I had made on creating a bottle of wine and remembered you had done one that turned out nicely. The bit I'm struggling with is creating a smooth, natural look (ie, not cut/paste of a pic) but maintaining the soft geometric lines of a bottle and the look of glass and filled with wine. I don't think there is a way to do this using brush/pencil.. it must be combinations of layering and the fixed geometric shapes (ie, ellipse tool, etc...). Can you provide any feedback on how you were so successful with both your bottle and your wine glass??

Thanks!

Z

Thanks , glad you like it.

I`ve done some digging and found the tut I used to get the shape of the bottle. You just have to used PDN`s line tool to copy the shape and keep going until it matches the one in the tut. I have to admit I nearly ended up tearing my hair out trying to perfect it!

I think I used a combo of feathering and Gaussian blur at a radius of only 1 or 2 when I was finished (but before the graphics are done on the bottle or you`ll ruin them!) It`s really a case of trial and error until you get the right outcome.

Anyway here is the link to the tut-

http://psdfan.com/tutorials/drawing/cre ... m-scratch/

I hope it helps.Look forward to seeing yours. :wink:

@Stormy - thanks.

Just added what I call my `Classy Orb' . I adapted from this Gimp tut -

http://gimp-tutorials.net/orb_gimp_tutorial

I know its not a particularly detailed pic but I like the outcome anyway.

I think it would be good practice with the ellipse tool for newbies.