Is there a way to make readable text in jpg using only 20% quality?

Hello Guys, 

I work with maps and delivery system.

So, the map layer is in 20% quality jpg, and that's nice.

But if I create a layer of text and instructions, and save the image at 20%, the text will be not good to read.

So, I need at least 80% to make the text nice, but the final file will be too large and the map will be same.

Is there to save the image at 20% and make the text readable? (I create white boxes with black text inside).

Greetings from BR.

20% quality for a JPEG is pretty much garbage level quality. I don't think you'll be able to get what you want.

You can also experiment with the Chroma Subsampling options in the Save Configuration dialog. There's only 3 settings and their description makes it clear which ones are best quality vs. smallest size. 4:4:4 is the best, 4:2:0 is the worst.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

27 minutes ago, LPMazzoco said:

Hello Guys, 

I work with maps and delivery system.

So, the map layer is in 20% quality jpg, and that's nice.

But if I create a layer of text and instructions, and save the image at 20%, the text will be not good to read.

So, I need at least 80% to make the text nice, but the final file will be too large and the map will be same.

Is there to save the image at 20% and make the text readable? (I create white boxes with black text inside).

Greetings from BR.

Dumb question but feel like it needs to be asked. Why are you using JPG?  It erode over time since it is a lossy format.  Have you tried saving in PNG instead?