Removing backgrounds

Hi.

Is there any toturial showing how to open image layers to delete background,logos and other things? 

For example:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Logo_kb.png

In this image I wanto remover the black backgruond with stars and the reversed inscription.But when I use magic wind entire image is selected.

Spoiler

ZqXfTj6CeFTmEtzgDTFdzHmN9CTJ5rKS.jpg

In the image in the spoiler I could delete the background with the magic wind.The problems is I can not delete the logo in the right corner. (Sorry I was not able to put the link of the image)

Edited by pepeh

Hello @pepeh :)

Have a look in our Search area https://www.getpaint.net/search.html and take a look for an awesome tutorial called "Cutting out images the EASY way."

Also, after erasing the logo outside of the tail ........ you could clean up the tail like this:

line-curve-and-purple.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@pepeh

In your first image of Kaptian Bomba I was able get rid of most of the black background with the Wand Tool by setting the Tolerance to 6% and clicking on a black area of the background. It still left a star field with anti-aliased artifacts around each star and areas around part of the text. It also destroyed some of the black outlining of the Kaptian figure. You could start by using the Eraser tool to remove the stars by erasing them with a brush width of ~90 px to remove large area of stars then zoom in and reduce brush width to remove stars that are closer to your main subject.

It will not be a one click operation!

Edited by HyReZ

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Removing backgrounds