K_I_N_G's Gallery--

K_I_N_G

Your work is great, man! :wink: You've gotta tell my how you do your backgrounds. :(

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Usually just blending the render with some stocks or c4ds and eventually I'll come up with a certain part I like. I'll copy that part and re size it as the background, then paste the same image at its original size over and over then set its blending mode to color doge or something and play with brightness/contrast. That's how I made the background for the 'Thoughts' signature. Notice how much of the background looks like its repeating its self? It was all just a piece of the background I liked so I added it over and over until it flowed as the background. Although this particular method does make it hard to make a signature look unique, so I added the highlights on the sig and the border with a new design.

Thanks for the comments.

Um. Is there a visual way that I can see how you do your backgrounds? I just really like them. :P

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

That thoughts signature is awsome *drool* - please can you make a tutorial on how to make anything remotly similar to that. Just the bright bars on either side with the picture looking magnified underneath, and the way you wrote "thoughts". i can never get text to look like that.

I've thought a lot about posting a signature tutorial but never really thought it was needed. If I get a few more requests I'll consider it but for now I'd suggest the tutorials forum, you can learn a lot from there. And gimp or photoshop tutorials, not the same tools but you can recreate the same with PDN and it shows you a broader way to use PDN.

Hehe, well to each his own gentlemen.

I actually had to look up the definition of monotone, and yes I can see that some of my signatures are in said category. Thanks for the comments, I usually like to take others opinions into account so as to improve my work so any criticism is rather welcome :). Run-on sentence much.

One comment on your sigs:

They're not very good, but not bad. But they're too high.

Are you mad!? :shock: They are very good! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Woah, been a long while since I've posted here. I actually had to go searching to find the website. Well I'll be updating the gallery with my newest images in a few days or so, intend on taking all the old out and replacing it with my newest work. Glad to be back so thought I'd start off by posting a few of my recent signatures and a banner (may have already seen these, saving the newest works for the updated gallery so have patience and check back):

Demonata.pngFierce.png

%100 PDN, Stone Butterfly:

Stone_Butterfly_Banner.png

Edited by K_I_N_G