change color of text not working anymore

ggg

How can I change the color of text ?

I type some text, then I select another color in the color window, both for primary and secondary, but nothing happens

I was able to change it before but it suddenly stopped

Last thing I did was using the color picker to pick a certain kind of green from another part of the picture, and then I tried to use that color for the text

But since then I cannot change the color of the text, it keeps white

Greetings,

I think that you can only change the text color as you describe when the text cursor is flashing.

After that you will have to use the Fill Tool to pour color onto the text character.

When this is done you can use the color wheel to try various colors while the Fill Tool is on that text character.

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

HyReZ literally just beat me to it. :)

Indeed it is because you use the colour picker tool: you're exiting the text writing tool when you do that and as that is not running when you change the colour the colour of the text you wrote does not change.

If when you are writing text the text cursor is still flashing the tool is in operation and if you want to change the text colour then simply move the mouse cursor over to the Colors box and you can swap the secondary/primary colours or use any other colours from the palette you want.

Edited by IHaveNoName
  • Like 1

IHaveNoName.png

:)

I should have mentioned there is a crude method of bypassing this behaviour if you have another image open in PDN.

With the text cursor still flashing with the image you're working just click on the thumbnail of the second image to open it fully. If you change the pallette in the second image, including by using the color picker, the change will also be applied to any 'open' text in the first image.

However there seems to be some limit or other criteria involved as to how many times that can be done before the 'open' text in the first image closes.

Hope this helps. 

IHaveNoName.png

• 1 year later...

Or, more per the 2nd sentence of the OP, if you weren't able to change the color immediately after typing, but before selecting off or selecting another tool, undo the text, and deselect all before using the text tool again, changing text color, etc. That was the issue for me -- some existing selection elsewhere out of sight causing the text to be hidden or interfering with working with the text (just like with other tools if you work outside the selection area).

Appreciate your reply, but this topic is almost two years old. I think the OP has a solution by now.

If you wish to restart the conversation, please start a new thread.

• Ego Eram Reputo locked this topic