Save undo list

Well i thought it would kinda useful to be able to save your undo list with your pdn image so that when it's loaded you could track back some of your steps, it would be really useful for me seeing as i can't remember how i made most of my art.

just and idea?

I'm not sure why it's not on the Popular Feature Requests list, but this has been asked for before. Rick has explained why it's a logistical nightmare - go to searchpaint.net and look for "Save History." :-) Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm not sure why it's not on the Popular Feature Requests list, but this has been asked for before. Rick has explained why it's a logistical nightmare - go to searchpaint.net and look for "Save History." :-) Thanks!

Awh, man...so is it in the "not gunna happen ever" list, or the "not gunna happen until like version 10.xx" list?

And I was about to make a topic about this, as the idea came to me when I realized I would like to undo something I did after I saved and closed the program...

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

I don't think he ever said never gonna happen, but I do think you can safely not hold your breath for it to happen anytime soon.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I knew this had been requested before as well, and I think, also, that it would come very useful.

This, and an automatic save if the window were to close unexpectedly (as in, a computer crash) would be VERY useful (I needed them both just this morning)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I know autosave has been requested and is on the PFR list. The reason why that wouldn't work at this point is the huge system killer it would be- look at how long it takes to save a PDN, and imagine that every five minutes. :-P

Not even Photoshop auto-saves. It's a tough one for anyone to hack.

look at how long it takes to save a PDN

Did I misunderstand or did you mean save a picture under the .pdn format? If so then I wouldn't believe you if you said it takes long to save since for me it saves it before I even manage to say 'lulwut'. :shock:

As for the thread's query .. until something like this is implemented your best option would be to write down your steps as posted in another topic (of what's name I can't seem to remember). :lol:

siggy1mo8.png

lovemeh.png

Yes, I'm a fan. ;]

If auto-save forces you to stop working on your computer, say every ten minutes, it will soon become annoying. And sometimes you are just experimenting, and don’t know if you WANT to save what you are doing.

So, if I get auto-save; please give me a possibility to turn it off.

I would rather say, try to make computers not crash. A dream; i know; but anyway.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.