"Sepia" Pointless?

Sounds like an opportunity for you to make Sepia+

I HAVE Sepia+. It's a plugin by I think Curtis. But it is just Sepia with an intensity slider. The thing I don't like about Sepia is that it makes n00bs think it is all you need to make a photo old. It has some limited uses, but it really should be improved.

The thing I don't like about Sepia is that it makes n00bs think it is all you need to make a photo old.
Why are you bothered by this? If they can't go beyond the simple, even with a tutorial, then it is their choice, their doing.

You want to remove/modify to your liking a damn good effect because you don't want to see 'n00bs' using it? Hmm, in which case, Rick, could you remove Polar Inversion, please? There we are, I think BoltBait should be ecstatic now...

Actually, whilst here, Tile Reflection and Twist as well, Rick. Many thanks. N00bs think all they need is Twist to make a signature look cool...

I think it customary about now to roll my eyes when someone's opinion doesn't fit quite right? :roll:

EDIT: to request an effect advanced in its function has nothing wrong with it, what is is when you pin the fault on so-called 'n00bs'.

Then there are resources available for them to further develop their sepia skills. But when you start saying...

The thing I don't like about Sepia is that it makes n00bs think it is all you need to make a photo old.
...it makes it seems as though your request, your opinion, is based on the fact you don't like the products created by 'n00bs' with Sepia, therefore it must change to suit you.

If you had said that an advancement to Sepia would benefit new users, then that would be a completely innocent idea. Asking for something because you don't agree with its use: no, sounds like you have a personal issue that needs dealing with.

With all that said, I don't disagree with you that a few more options in Sepia would not go a miss.