How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab > select which cursor you wish to change and click Browse at the bottom. Once satisfied you can also save your new theme wherever you like for future use; just click Save As under the Scheme subheading.

Does this help?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but the plugin isnt working for me

1. i download zip

2. put the dll in effects

3. not working

4. putting it in filetypes

5. not working ...

6. cant delete it :(

any Help ??

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I love this plugin! I use it all the time, however...

I cannot seem to open LARGE vista icons set as compressed.

12040_4143ffe1d33f17523c8cff61bfb91f60

12040_97b39bff9d6281d816c717ff1c095af1

Does anybody know if this issue is being looked into?

Thanks,

Jon

Can you post the .ico file that your are trying to open on the web somewhere and send me the link?

Then I will take a look at it.

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I wanna congratulate you for this plug, is very good, and very useful.

Second, I have too the error that J6628426 had reported.

I create some icons and any of those don't work. :( Yet I hasn't found a constant factor.

- I has used images with background.

- Without it (with transparency).

- Large (800x800) to extralarge (3000x3000) images.

- I saving only 256x256 and 32 depth and don't work.

- I press "Select all" bottom.

I don't know what happens. My Windows vista is a Home Basic edition.

I hope that you can fix it.

How you request for a sample icon with this problem I create one for you.

- Paint.NET 3,2x

- Source image: Is a sample image of Windows Vista

- Canvas size: 700x700

- Image cropped

- Image without transparency

- Save as ICO at all posible resolutions.

Use WinRar to join the two parts!

Bye.

Forest.part1.rar

Forest.part2.rar

banner.png

• 2 weeks later...
Use WinRar to join the two parts!

I don't have WinRar nor do I wish to download it (I use 7-zip). If you a going to post a file for me to test, please make it a standard .zip file or a .7z file. It sounds like a previous post by J6628426 was saying that there was a problem loading icons which had dimensions exceeding 256 pixels. However, I cannot understand if you are having the same problem because you say (and I quote):

I don't know what happens.

Are you:

1) Having trouble saving a large icon in Paint.NET?

2) Succeeding in saving a large icon, but then can't re-open it in Paint.NET? or

3) Getting the .ico file from another source and having trouble loading it?

The plug-in does not save icons whose dimensions exceed 256 pixels, so I'd like to know where you are getting icons that have images that exceed 256 pixels because I need to download some to test out. So it really sounds like you are getting large icons from some other source, but your post did not make it clear whether or not that was the case. If you can post a sample icon in one .zip file, I will take a look at it.

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

The plug-in does not save icons whose dimensions exceed 256 pixels, so I'd like to know where you are getting icons that have images that exceed 256 pixels because I need to download some to test out. So it really sounds like you are getting large icons from some other source, but your post did not make it clear whether or not that was the case. If you can post a sample icon in one .zip file, I will take a look at it.

I know I'm not the person in question, but here is a sample:

Link

TAC_08a.png

I know I'm not the person in question, but here is a sample:

Link

Thanks for posting. I see what the problem is and I'll get around to fixing it eventually.

My unique problem is that I cannot see the large and extralarge icons when I save it with your plug.

And sorry, but I will not posting more. Your actitude is very bad, offensive, I think.

So I uninstall it and for this function I will still use Any2Icon

Bye and thanks for nothing.

banner.png

Megabrain, what are you talking about? I have not felt any of Evanold's "terrible" attitude, only that he doesnt have that much time on his hands to work on his plugin. Please be curtious to others, as this is a family friendly board.

signature.png

I posted a new version at the same download link as before:

http://www.evanolds.com/IcoCur.zip

I made a small change; the 512x512 sample icon that was posted now loads correctly. Let me know if it works for all your other icons.

When I save an icon I get a series of debug dialogs. Is there a way to disable these?

I am using PDN 3.22 and the latest IcoCur plugin (3.0.1.1).

The icons save correctly but it is very annoying to have to click on 5 or so dialogs when I save an icon.

Thanks for any info.

When I save an icon I get a series of debug dialogs. Is there a way to disable these?

I am using PDN 3.22 and the latest IcoCur plugin (3.0.1.1).

The icons save correctly but it is very annoying to have to click on 5 or so dialogs when I save an icon.

Thanks for any info.

Oops. Yeah, thanks for pointing this out, I accidently released the debug version. I'll see if I can get a fixed version up later today.

Would anyone object if I took out the "Save each layer seperately" mode? It's really kind of a dirty hack how it trys to analyze the transparent regions and save images of different dimensions. Paint.Net isn't really well suited for it. I'd have more time to work on other features if I just scraped this portion.

Please let me know by voting in the poll at the top of the page.

No polls outside the overflow.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Evanolds, to circumvent Mr. Poll Nazi :wink:, just create a thread in the Overflow and link it back to this thread.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster