NIK collection with pdn

With Google's release of the NIK collection this week I was wondering if any of you have tried it with PDN and if so, what your general experience was

Personally, I installed it with the PSFilterPDN plugin running and things seem fine except for the one program, Dfine 2. (I wanted to try to remove compression noise from blue skies.) The problem came when applying the final filter/render when the image became transparent at 100% opacity. This is likely an compatibility problem which is can't be resolved (esp. since NIK is no longer supported or in development). Just thought I'd put the question out there and see what comes up.

Thanks

They might be, I've never tried them. They were $150, and $500 before that, and people bought them like crazy, so there must be something there.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

With Google's release of the NIK collection this week I was wondering if any of you have tried it with PDN and if so, what your general experience was

Personally, I installed it with the PSFilterPDN plugin running and things seem fine except for the one program, Dfine 2. (I wanted to try to remove compression noise from blue skies.) The problem came when applying the final filter/render when the image became transparent at 100% opacity. This is likely an compatibility problem which is can't be resolved (esp. since NIK is no longer supported or in development). Just thought I'd put the question out there and see what comes up.

Thanks

The Dfile 2 transparency bug is fixed in PSFilterPdn version 1.0.6.0.

I had tested Color Efex 4 with PSFilterPdn several years ago, but I did not test the Dfile 2 filter.

In the future, please report any issues with running Photoshop filters in the PSFilterPdn thread.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Thanks, y'all. 

To the first question, I'm not sure if they're any better. I'm just trying them out and I can't profess any expertise in photo manip. Jury's still out.

To Null54, I'm sorry if I stepped on toes. I honestly didn't know what the issue was. Really, I was thinking that, because nik seemed to be geared toward commercial programs like lightroom or photoshop, they hadn't worried about other usage contexts like pdn. I was really just looking for anyone else who had had experience with the collection to learn from them. Besides, I'm so amateurish in my work that I didn't know if the problem lay with something I was doing. 

In any case thanks again for your time. 

• 4 months later...
On 2016/3/27 at 5:05 AM, PaintyMcPaintface said:

Thanks

Sir,

I would like to know how to pulgin the NIK collection to the paint.net?  The NIK is free of charge now.