Number plate

Hi - I've search the PDN forums, and haven't been able to find any tutorials consering a number plate. What I want realy, is if someone could make a tut showing how to make a number plate on a car (but... One with the 3D parts on it)

Like this image here -> jmail01.jpg

but in the style of a numberplate - if you need me to clarify this, just tell me ;)

The Engrave/Emboss plugin might be of some use. And recolouring of that embossing. The rest is dependant on the plate you're aiming for: American - which state?; European - which country? What era?; Asian - country?; type of vehicle - some British agricultural tractors have different plates to that of regular vehicles; and so on.

I would also take a look at barkbark00's chrome tutorial. It's written for text, but the effect can easily be achieved elsewhere.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Yes, i'll be sure do do that :wink: I've seen plenty of posts locked because of that!

I don't however, think that there is a point in making a tut for this, becuase it's just an alteration of BarkBark00's chrome effect, so I don't think there is a need.

So...

Overall, the best solution for a numberplate is BarkBark00's chrome effect, and putting a border arround the text, then motion blurring ( :MotionBlur: ) some added noise ( :AddNoise: ) on a new layer ( :AddNewLayer: ) and then cutting out the parts you dont want. Simple realy - If you want to know how ot make a number plate - then this is it :mrgreen: