How to Install Plugins ×

Anti-alias Plugin [v1.5.8.0 Minor fixes, August 25th, 2007]

Play around with the options before jumping to conclusions:

Amount: 9

Strength: 926

and turn off "soft border"

I got this:

preaalx6.png

Yeah...I got that too, there's a flattening issue at the bottom of the gradient (near the edges of the image). I used about every setting combination I could think of.

...actually, I just noticed that it's even present (to a lesser extent) in my antialiased example :(

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Make the canvas size bigger (but center the object), antialias it, and then crop it.

That should reduce the problem. Then, you can just brush like 3 or 4 pixels if you are a perfectionist.

preaa2ip7.png

The bug appeared because it is impossible to determine which way the line is going without looking at further pixels.

siggiecj5.png

Some links: | Personal Website | Alien Attack |

Try out my plugins: | Antialias | Diagonal Lines |

Here's a simple work around:

Just create a bigger image, and after anti-aliasing, crop to the correct size.

The bug only appear on the edges, and so if you chop out the edges, it would look just fine.

Btw, I hope I've made the task simpler instead of complicating things even more.

siggiecj5.png

The plugin can yield superior smoothing results on any kind of shapes if you are willing to let the object to grow 10+px on the edges.

@Ash

That's pretty good. You use the antialias plugin for the highlight and the bluish-green shape? or did you just motion blur them?

Btw, there's one thing this plugin cannot do, and that is smoothing a very thin line (1px or even 2 px) while keeping it thin.

However, I don't think that's ever possible.

siggiecj5.png

Since you plugin works best with Alpha=255, I made the shape with alpha=255, then use the plugin.

Then :LinearGradient: in :AlphaChannel: mode.

Done.

I think my plugin now works equally well on any alpha values. I've fixed the "dark outline" bug.

siggiecj5.png

Since you plugin works best with Alpha=255, I made the shape with alpha=255, then use the plugin.

Then :LinearGradient: in :AlphaChannel: mode.

Done.

I think my plugin now works equally well on any alpha values. I've fixed the "dark outline" bug.

Yes, I tried all the settings, and in some cases your plugin works well, but in other cases, Using my method will be needed.

I like this plugin a lot in case you didn't know :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Ash, I don't know if it's because I have a concave edge on my shape and yours is convex, or something else, but I don't get a result that smooth regardless of who's method I use.

My only surefire way to do it is to make the image about 4x the final size I want, make the selection, etc, and resize down.

Can you repeat your experiment with a concave selection edge, so I can see the result? Particularly when the concave edge is the bottom edge.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png