Facial Touchup

Hello. I am a Newbie at Paint.net. The reason I downloaded it is because of all the cool effects and features. The one thing I want to know is how I can touchup images and faces. You know, like blemishes, acne, wrinkles, etc. Does anyone have any tutorials or anything like that on how to touchup images? Thanks! 8)

That first plug-in works great!

Thanks!

I also use the cloning but is there any way to give the brush a soft edge instead of like it is. So the correction will blend in with the area around it?

No, but you might try using the clone stamp tool, then selecting a slightly larger area and using the Median blur. I haven't tried it, but it might work.

Okay, this is what I do, and Im sorry I can't give you screenies. But! You can select an area of clear skin or whatever, and then copy/paste it over the area you want to cover. Yuo have to be very careful though, and if you want an extact color match you cna use Curves to change hte color by tiny increments in the selected area.

~EbilKitty

celloSiggy.jpg

Okay, this is what I do, and Im sorry I can't give you screenies. But! You can select an area of clear skin or whatever, and then copy/paste it over the area you want to cover. Yuo have to be very careful though, and if you want an extact color match you cna use Curves to change hte color by tiny increments in the selected area.

~EbilKitty

That works, but it's just the same as using the clone tool, right? It still leaves a square the area that is uneven with the rest of the picture. I can adjust the Color but there isn't a way to completely hide the square that I know of. Is there like a plug-in for a soft or blending brush?

Well here, post the picture, and tell me what you want fixed ^^ I can touch it up for you in a few minutes, or PM it to me, I can give you the finished thing before 4:30 my time, its 4:15 now.

~EbilKitty

EdIt: I HATE my spelling ability.

Edit AGAIN! Rawr.

celloSiggy.jpg

I did that, but now there is a box on the image that is blurred. inside it looks great but you can really see where the blur starts.

ok, here's what you do:

Open the original photo

Select and copy (ctrl-c) a section of skin that matches your "blemish" area.

Paste that into a new layer.

Position it over the blemish.

Use the feather plugin to soften the edges of the new layer.

Color correct as necessary.

Adjust transparency for the perfect effect.

Merge down the layer to complete your edit.

(Links to various plugins are located in my signature.)

Firefox has a spell-checker built in. :D

Anyway, you may be able to use the Clone Stamp tool to clone to a new layer, then use the Feather effect set on Shrink mode to blur the cloned area in.

To Clone from one layer to another, open your image, create a new blank layer, select the original layer and [Ctrl]-Click with the Clone Stamp, switch to the new layer and clone. The Clone Stamp will take from the source layer and copy to the new layer. This way, Feather has something with which to work.

It's kinda convincing, and if your source shade of skin is close enough to the shade at the destination, it may actually work.

Edit: BoltBait's way would work too... :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

To Clone from one layer to another, open your image, create a new blank layer, select the original layer and [Ctrl]-Click with the Clone Stamp, switch to the new layer and clone. The Clone Stamp will take from the source layer and copy to the new layer. This way, Feather has something with which to work.

I had no idea you could do that! :shock:

I'm such a no0b. :cry:

Wow this is all confusing. Maybe I shouldn't use this program :( . I tried the feather effect but it didn't seem to do much. I don't want someone else to touch them up because I want to do it on my own. I do this a lot for my friends and family but since I moved to Vista my old program doesn't work. If only there was like a blur pen plugin or something.

Wow this is all confusing. Maybe I shouldn't use this program :( . I tried the feather effect but it didn't seem to do much. I don't want someone else to touch them up because I want to do it on my own. I do this a lot for my friends and family but since I moved to Vista my old program doesn't work. If only there was like a blur pen plugin or something.

I can tell you this is one of the easiest and most user friendly programs out there.

Read the advice carefully again, and give it another shot :)

If that still don't work....

1. post the pic and I'm sure quite a few people here will try to help.

2. put this pic aside for now, play with PDN a while longer, once you get better, this will seem easier.

Good Luck.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]