help me to ged rid of shadow on the face

I am struggling to get rid of the shadow on the face in the attched pic. can someone help me do that in Paint.Net and explain how to achieve it.

thanks in advance.

t900203_shadowface1.jpg

My go at it:

shadowface1.png

What I did was select the shadowed area of the face and copy it to its own layer. I then adjusted the Contrast(-100)/Brightness(+100). Then I Gaussian blurred that layer 15-20px and set the layer blending mode to "Overlay".

I also did a little Surface blur on the shadowed area of the base image due to the fact that it had some image artifacts because of the lack of light. Here it is without Surface blur.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

pranavy, The only real limitation to this process is the image you are working with. Paint.NET is more than capable of accomplishing this task.

If I were to invest a little more time on an image that wasn't as compressed, I would be able to make it look like the shadow was never there...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. I feel that PdN is not a good choice for such work yet.

Sorry, I have to disagree!!

PDN is one of the easiest and user friendly image editing software out there. and it IS powerful enough to do such work.

I am not against PdN. But, wanted to know its true capabilities. Since I have this requirement, I wanted to use it for testing.

mysig1.png

I am not against PdN. But, wanted to know its true capabilities. Since I have this requirement, I wanted to use it for testing.

true capabilities = limited only by a person's imagination & time (as in how much time you willing to put in)

All the tools and plugins a good enough to do almost anything with images.

I know some tools are not as good as what they have in photoshop YET.

but all that means is just try to look for a way around it, or just spend a little more time on some tasks.

And I know you are not against PDN 8)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

pranavy, The only real limitation to this process is the image you are working with. Paint.NET is more than capable of accomplishing this task.

If I were to invest a little more time on an image that wasn't as compressed, I would be able to make it look like the shadow was never there...

Thanks for your comment. Could you please let me know the steps need to be followed to make it as if the shadow was never there. I am ready to invest my free time to try it out.

thanks in advance.

mysig1.png