Dimensions of Sheets, and the amount of DPI [Updated]

MiguelPereira

Following the question on this topic i thought that it was a good idea to put here the standard sizes

so that we can come here and just see what are the standardizations <-- correct me please :) -- for the sizes of parper and the resolution we have to select at the beginning of the image processing

for more info on this matter go here

so here's the table

710acb34.jpg

Tutorial <-- I know this shouldn't be here but it was just not to complicate too much the forum, if I must change please tell me so.

Select new file (obviously:))

f81a6229.png

Select the page type you chose (A2,A3,A4 ... ) with the wanted resolution (72, 150, 300 ... ) the higher you chose the larger will be the file size.

1. Insert the value that you got from the table. For vertical consider the value in the order 'Width x Height' for an horizontal page insert in this order 'Height x Width'

2. Make sure you have pixels/inch selected in the box, then insert the value of DPI you chose in the beggining.

3. You can can probably see now the values for the print either in inches or centimeters, whatever is selected.

Okay now it's up to you to say something about it :)

This is the type of thing that should be added to the help file.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

lol this time I want to know how this all fits in with PDN, like how to get the A4 size on PDN, I just feel really confused :? :? :?

FYI, default resolution in Paint.NET is 96 dpi.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I'm pretty sure that'll get sticky'd.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 4 months later...