Install error

parkerxiii

"paint.net the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

It then tells me to locate a folder where an MSI can be found, I found the MSI then installed it there, same problem.

I've tried deleting all files trying again, installing an older version, using custom install to install it somewhere else

Nothing is working:(

(my located area) "is not a valid installation package for the product Paint.NET v3.5.4 Try to find the installation package 'PaintDotNext.x86.msi' in a folder from which you can install Paint.net v3.5.4"

You're trying to install a very old version of paint.net.  Download the latest from here http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Sounds like you need to remove some legacy bits of the prior installation.

Go here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/692-install-update-or-uninstall-trouble-read-this/ and read up on the Windows Installer CleanUp utility (post #2).

I've tried that too, I read on another post to try installing it somewhere else if it wont install in program files, but I'll give it another try

One last idea:

Right click on that file on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the menu.

On the properties screen, click on the "General" tab and look at the lower right corner of that tab for an "Unblock" button.

If there, click it and then click "Apply".

Try the install again.

Also, you may need to run REGEDIT and delete the following key before trying to install:

reged.png

EDIT: It looks like some part of your system is using a network drive. Is this true? If so, can you eliminate that part from the install? Can you disconnect from your network while installing?

network.png

Or, you could run REGEDIT and do a search (F3) for "\Paint.NET\Staging\" and delete that entire key as well.

post-44727-0-01664100-1436929650_thumb.p

post-44727-0-25554700-1436929815_thumb.p

Don't know if it will help, but you could try disabling your anti-virus before you attempt to install. Remember to enable it again afterwards ;)

Going to type this as I go along:

Unblocked it, Paint.NET is not listed there when I ran REGEDIT so I'll attempt to install

Also, the laptop is not connected to the network anymore it used to be but I'll try removing that too

Same problem

I'll try the other REGEDIT thing

Currently searching for \Paint.NET\Staging\

nothing came up somehow?

anti virus is disabled

whats going onnnnn