Creating plugins??

So, I have these steps that I have for creating certain effects for my graphics and it would be great to be able to do it in 1 click instead of the awkward process. It sounds lazy and most peeps would probably just tell me to get over it but, when making several similar parts across images then it would certainly be easier! :D

So anyone know how to do this

This plugin has all you need CodeLab.  You'll need a working knowledge of C# to write plugins with it unless you make extensive use of the Interface designer and built in effect-chaining.

Helpful tutorials can be found here http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/

Never apologize for wanting to do something an easier way; there would be little progress if people were satisfied with doing things the hard way.

There's, of course, CodeLab, or the even more flexible option of writing plugins in Visual Studio, but both those options require quite a bit of C# coding skill.

You might look at pyrochild's ScriptLab. I haven't had much experience with it, but it looks quite useful. It allows you to record a sequence of effects, with the parameters set at each step. The big limitation is that (I believe) the actions can only effect and use the current layer. I suspect you may want to do things that require multiple layers, as so many Paint.NET operations do. I don't think there's currently any way to do something like that. Some other photo editors I've used have the ability to record and save a series of steps, and then replay them with different images. I don't believe there's anything like that in Paint.NET. That would be a useful enhancement.

If you're processing photographs, have you tried these plugins?

Combined Photo Adjustments

Landscape plugin

or the built-in Effects > Photo > Soften Portrait effect.

Another thing you might try...

Write a tutorial on how to process a photograph.

Then, ask here if someone would be able to write a plugin to simulate your tutorial.