inserting text on a document copied from the net

Hi @enidan80 - you will have to make a New Layer in order to add the new text, after which you can then flatten your image when satisfied with the result.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

What format is your document?  *.PDF, *.DOC, *.TXT, *.HTML or some sort of image file?  More information please.

The document is a copy of an order list  for medications, these need to be altered from time to time, if there is a simpler way to do this it would save time having to re-type a new document.when the medication changes

I don't think there is a format, just need to remove the existing entry and then type a new entry where the removed one was.

I hope that helps. (and makes sense..!)

Thank you both for your replies

enidan80

If you save your list in PDN - a Master List - then you can go back and change the items in new layers, then flatten to .png, or whatever, but always save the master list in the PDN format, which will allow you to go back and edit on new layers.

vEfiqrV.png

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It sounds like you would be better with a word processor, not an image editor. Pixey's explanation works is you have an image file you can open with paint.net. I'm not making any such assumption ;)

What is the file extension? The three or four character code following the period in the file name? Alternatively, what program opens the file when you double-click on it?

• Upvote 1