Using to much rams

Hi,

If i open Paint net with an rFactor Sim Racing template. My pc will be so slow. My CPU is running high and my rams are on 95% ! why ? Paint net using 5GB of my Rams :O But i dont know why ?

My Computer :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2 x 2,4 GHZ
6GB RAM
Asus Radeon HD 7790 - 2GB
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Here a little test Pic :

unbenanntpxq47.png

i hope you can help me. sorry for my bad englisch :)

How many layers do you have in that image?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

DDS and PSD files are pretty big.  They store a lot of metadata.  In addition to the fact that it's a fairly large image with multiple layers...I think that might be your problem.  Take a look at this post for more information.  I know you're not getting that error, but it's still applicable.

You may want to try the new 4.0 beta.  It has a new architecture for dealing with files that might dial down your RAM usage a bit.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

JPG and PNG only support a single layer. A multi-layered image will take up a great deal of space because of the extra layers.

I think the problem is that the image is fairly large with many layers. Solution? Reduce the number of layers and/or more RAM. Or follow David's advice and try 4.0.

If you are updating an earlier version of Paint.NET there is no need to reinstall the plugin. It will be automatically available following the update.

If you do not currently have the plugin installed, then you will need to install it.

You are being advised to try the 4.0 version because it handles images in a different way which saves memory.

I guess you're left with these options

... Solution? Reduce the number of layers and/or more RAM. Or follow David's advice and try 4.0.

Paint.NET does not work the same way as other programs.  The developer is in the process of updating the application to make it even better - that's the beta 4.0 that we suggested you download.

Paint.NET works this way.   You will have to get used to it.  The image size and number of layers affects the amount of RAM used.  Using this formula (W x H x 4) x (L + 2)

(for an explanation see: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8606-out-of-memory-to-loadedit-an-image-read-this-first/)

Your image:   2048 x 2048 x 4 x (Layers + 2) = 50mb for a single layered image and add 16.7mb for each additional layer.

300+ layers is an astonishing number.  No wonder you're running out of memory.

If you wish to persist with Paint.NET, you'll have to follow this advice (in red for emphasis)

I think the problem is that the image is fairly large with many layers. Solution? Reduce the number of layers and/or more RAM.

Wow, I think that might be a record number of layers.  Sounds like your system is working like a champ to handle it even that well.  :-)