A not so simple (for me) task [REQUEST]

Okay so I have recently taken it upon myself to fix up the like and dislike buttons on one of the forums I use to match our theme. The only issue is I'm quite incompetent at it. So I'm going to be posting some pictures for you to see and I hope one of you kind people will be able to help me out (actually do it yourself or give me some pointers).

Original Images

likeZB.png

zbdislike.png

Sample Buttons (what I want them to resemble)

Pulse_Add_Reply.gif

Pulse_Quote.gif

My pitiful Attempts

2nqfj9x.png

5vrrz6.png

The little icon in the sample quote button is part of a system font (wingdings I think). These fonts have other symbols you can use , like the thumbs up and thumbs down symbols traditionally used for like and dislike buttons.

You might find it easier to access these symbols with my WhichSymbol+ plugin (follow the link in my signature).

Symbols, like text, should be placed on it's own layer so you can manipulate it independently of the rest of the image.

Here's a quickie

yhsjjie-128.png

Size is 400% finished size. yhsjjie-129.png (actual size)

Lowest layer = rounded rectangle (plugin) in color #1D1D1D

Second layer is a blue line 6px width with rounded end caps.  Color #1A3B50

Third layer is the icon.  Used WhichSymbol+ to render this @ 60pt in white.  Filled with grey #AFAFAF.

Fourth layer is the text rendered in a font called Designer Block (one of my favorites).  Rendered in 48pt with the same grey as the icon fill.  The default font looked too thick, so I thinned it by running AA's Assistant over the layer twice.  Then I stretched it out width wise.

Here's a quickie

yhsjjie-128.png

Size is 400% finished size. yhsjjie-129.png (actual size)

Lowest layer = rounded rectangle (plugin) in color #1D1D1D

Second layer is a blue line 6px width with rounded end caps.  Color #1A3B50

Third layer is the icon.  Used WhichSymbol+ to render this @ 60pt in white.  Filled with grey #AFAFAF.

Fourth layer is the text rendered in a font called Designer Block (one of my favorites).  Rendered in 48pt with the same grey as the icon fill.  The default font looked too thick, so I thinned it by running AA's Assistant over the layer twice.  Then I stretched it out width wise.

If you don't mind me asking, what plugin did you use for the rectangle?

There are two rounded rectangle plugins available. Klaxxon has pointed to to the one I used. The other plugin would also do the job but it is less intuitive to use.

The rounded rectangle tool can also be used, however the corner radius is fixed.

I find Curtis' plugin is a very nice addition to your toolbox :)

• 2 months later...

Stop it. You already asked once, so stop reviving old threads.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.